snow lander

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2012
Hi I'm new to tom's hardware forums and I need help regarding this build. If I made a mistake anywhere I apologise for it in advance.

Approximate Purchase Date: This week

Budget Range: $1700

System Usage from Most to Least Important: ( Gaming, Video Encoding, Surfing the internet, Watching movies)

Are you buying a monitor: No

Parts to Upgrade: Everything

Preferred Website(s) for Parts : iamextreme.net
Galaxy.pk
Czone.com.pk

Do you need to buy OS: No

Parts Preferences: by brand or type (e.g.: I would like to upgrade to Intel CPU)

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Yes

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080,

Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: My Old system was getting pretty outdated and was incapable of running new games

Parts not need : Keyboard, Mouse , Monitor , Speakers

Parts that I have already selected:

Chassis : Xigmatic Elysium Supertower

Processor : intel i7-3770k Ivy bridge

Hard Drive : WD Caviar black 1TB

Optical Drive: Samsung DVD RW

RAM : G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB ( 4GB x 2)
or
Corsair vengeance 8Gb ( 4GB x 2)

Motherboard: Asrock z77 Extreme 6
or
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H-WB WIFI Motherboard

Power Supply: COOLER MASTER SILENT PRO GOLD 800W

GPU: Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 2GB Graphic Card

I'm stuck between choosing the motherboards and the RAM. Other than that I want to know if the power supply and everything else is compatible. Any suggestions are welcome.

chippies

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2008
I don't have any experience with G.Skill but they seem popular in reviews. Corsair Vengeance is a good brand too - that's what I've got, along with several of my friends. I think both are good choices so go with which ever one is cheaper on the day you buy.

I don't see any compatibility issues. The power supply looks like a good one should be powerful enough for a normal SLI/CrossFire system.