I cant send reply email in some web sites in windows 7

bhotrod3

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
I cant send reply emails on craigslist and some other sites,sometimes it says my default email client isnt properly installed,i`n not sure how to make sure it is,also it sometimes says there is an error,but doesnt say what,any help would be greatly appreciated.....thanks

isamuelson

Distinguished
When it says it can't find a default email client, it means you don't have one installed. With Windows 7, there is no email client by default. You have to download one and install it. You can either get the Windows Live Essential pack to get Windows Mail or download Thunderbird.

bhotrod3

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010

Thanks for your reply, I have installed windows live and when i go to craigslist and try to reply through windows live it says there has been an error,dont know why

isamuelson

Distinguished

Are you sure you installed Windows Mail or something else from the Windows Live Essentials package? You can just download Windows Mail at http://download.live.com/wlmail if you didn't get it.

Otherwise, go to the Start Ribbon and select Default Programs. From there, select Associate a file type or protocol with a program.

From there, scroll down to the PROTOCOLS section and set the MAILTO protocol to whatever email program you've installed.

boonality

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2008
Also as a work around until you get the issue resolved... You can just open your mail client (web based or application or whatever) and copy and paste the address into a new email message, that works too. At least for craigslist it works fine.