Hardware built - tips on next step ?

.. finished putting all the hardware together ...

Fractal R3 case
Cooler Master M2 Silent Pro PSU
ASUS Motherboard P8Z77-V LE
i5 3570 3.4G Ivybridge
16GB Ram – Corsair XMS
SSD – Crucial M4 120GB
Samsung DVD/CD ROM RW
WD 1TB Caviar Black
MSI 560TI HAWK Graphics

Did a really neat job, following the hints and tips here, braiding all the cables, and with the Fractal case, almost all the cables are hidden.

Not yet powered up ........ do I just power it up and start loading W7, or do I first need to set up BIOS & Motherboard ?

Be interested any any tips on sequence to follow.
8 answers Last reply
More about hardware built tips step
  1. Power it up, if all goes well, spam del button and get into bios, select boot from cd/rom thing, put windows disk in, restart computer and install windows, and install your drivers :D
  2. ^ plus these.

    Disconnect the HDD before installing Windows. Dont want to accidentally install it there instead of the SSD.

    If you have the latest BIOS or it supports internet flashing, you could update the mobo BIOS, but that can be done regardless of Windows installed.

    Start downloading drivers and stuff on another PC now. It can take a while to download them all, some of them (Realtek audio for me) are huge and required a good wait till it was done. Then just put them on a USB drive and all good.
  3. sargan said:
    .. finished putting all the hardware together ...

    Fractal R3 case
    Cooler Master M2 Silent Pro PSU
    ASUS Motherboard P8Z77-V LE
    i5 3570 3.4G Ivybridge
    16GB Ram – Corsair XMS
    SSD – Crucial M4 120GB
    Samsung DVD/CD ROM RW
    WD 1TB Caviar Black
    MSI 560TI HAWK Graphics

    Did a really neat job, following the hints and tips here, braiding all the cables, and with the Fractal case, almost all the cables are hidden.

    Not yet powered up ........ do I just power it up and start loading W7, or do I first need to set up BIOS & Motherboard ?

    Be interested any any tips on sequence to follow.


    1: i would have gone with a xfx xxx 750w psu
    2:i would have gotten the R4
    3:i would have gotten the LK motherboard to do SLI in the future.
    4: i would have gotten the i5 3570k. it puts z77 to a waste if you are not overclocking
    5:i would have gotten a sandisk extreme 120gb or a samsung 830 128gb for not much more. the samsung is much faster and the sandisk is cheaper
    6:i would have gotten the blue 64mb drive since it is a lot cheaper and the 2 extra years of warranty isnt worth 30 bucks to me
    7:i would have gotten a 660ti or a 7870 instead of the 560ti. better to get new gen graphics since they use a lot less power and perform better

    its still good overall
  4. manofchalk said:
    ^ plus these.

    Disconnect the HDD before installing Windows. Dont want to accidentally install it there instead of the SSD.

    .



    An obvious and simple thing to do ... Ta
  5. Spicy_benie said:
    Power it up, if all goes well, spam del button and get into bios, select boot from cd/rom thing, put windows disk in, restart computer and install windows, and install your drivers :D


    >spam del button

    I don't know what you mean ?
  6. keep clicking the del button on power up
  7. you boot the rig, it has this splash screen either telling you to hit delete or f1
  8. The title of this topic has been edited by Proximon
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Hardware Systems