Pin to Menu - Add a shortcut for all users.

July 5, 2005 7:19:02 PM

Does anyone know how to pin an item to the Start Menu for all users. ie. any
new people that log on will get the customized menu?
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 1:28:33 PM

jtsm wrote:
> Does anyone know how to pin an item to the Start Menu for all users. ie. any
> new people that log on will get the customized menu?

Modifying the contents of the 'All Users' folder will apply the change
to all users.

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 1:28:34 PM

Sorry, i should have worded my question better. Not the normal start programs
area.

But the 'Pin to menu' section within the XP Menu. I've managed to find out
the registry area to isolate the change.
http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=40866

But am now trying to work out if I can load .default user hive to modify the
area for new profiles created.

thanks,

"Tom McDonnell" wrote:

> jtsm wrote:
> > Does anyone know how to pin an item to the Start Menu for all users. ie. any
> > new people that log on will get the customized menu?
>
> Modifying the contents of the 'All Users' folder will apply the change
> to all users.
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu

July 6, 2005 1:28:35 PM

Within "regedit", you can load other user's hive files, make changes and
then "unload" the hive. It is very important to remember to unload the hive
after editing, but before shutting down or corruption of the hive could
occur. Under the "file" menu option in regedit, there is a "load hive" and
"unload hive" menu option.

--

Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!

http://www.google.com
Google is your "Friend"

"jtsm" <jtsm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Sorry, i should have worded my question better. Not the normal start
> programs
> area.
>
> But the 'Pin to menu' section within the XP Menu. I've managed to find out
> the registry area to isolate the change.
> http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=40866
>
> But am now trying to work out if I can load .default user hive to modify
> the
> area for new profiles created.
>
> thanks,
>

> "Tom McDonnell" wrote:
>
>> jtsm wrote:
>> > Does anyone know how to pin an item to the Start Menu for all users.
>> > ie. any
>> > new people that log on will get the customized menu?
>>
>> Modifying the contents of the 'All Users' folder will apply the change
>> to all users.
>>
>> C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu

Anonymous
July 6, 2005 1:29:29 PM

Customize the default user profile

Ramesh, MS-MVP