Sign in with
Your question

Need help with this power supply please

Last response: in Components
January 10, 2013 9:18:20 PM

So this is the power supply I am getting

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/650w-seasonic-x-650-modu...

with the case NZXT Switch 810.

The 8pin CPU connector I don't think will reach to the socket on the full tower case. Is there any extender or some sort I can buy?

More about : power supply

January 10, 2013 9:39:27 PM

The connector is - 8 pin EPS12V connector (570mm) x2 Connectors long, which is 22 7/16 inches long and the case is 9.25" x 23.43" x 23.03". Looking at these numbers I would say the cable is almost as long as the OUTSIDE of the case. I don't think it will be a problem. It will go over to the backside of the motherboard tray, straight up the side. thru the hole and into the motherboard.
January 10, 2013 9:43:40 PM

suteck said:
The connector is - 8 pin EPS12V connector (570mm) x2 Connectors long, which is 22 7/16 inches long and the case is 9.25" x 23.43" x 23.03". Looking at these numbers I would say the cable is almost as long as the OUTSIDE of the case. I don't think it will be a problem. It will go over to the backside of the motherboard tray, straight up the side. thru the hole and into the motherboard.

Ok. Thank you for looking that up. I got one more question if you can answer it please, that PSU I provided above is to have it bottom mounted and the fan upside down so it sucks cold air from under the case. Can I do this? will the PSU break or anything if I did this.
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
January 10, 2013 9:51:21 PM

The PSU is designed for that configuration - as long as your case has opening on t on the bottom for the air to flow through.

If you do have problems with the length of the cable you can by extenders.

Congrats - that is a good power supply.
January 10, 2013 9:55:22 PM

redtailed said:
The PSU is designed for that configuration - as long as your case has opening on t on the bottom for the air to flow through.

If you do have problems with the length of the cable you can by extenders.

Congrats - that is a good power supply.

Thanks.

Just to make sure, when I get them and it doesn't reach the CPU socket where can I buy these extenders. What are they called ect?
January 10, 2013 10:05:22 PM

This - Power extender power 8 pin +12V M/F 8in, HERE - http://www.bargainbacker.com/Power-extender-power-8-pin... - but I'll bet the original WILL fit with some to spare!!

And yes, the case is designed to put the power supply in the bottom with the fan mounted DOWNWARD to suck air thru the filter on the bottom and blow it out the back.
!