Sign in with
Your question

How to over clock gtx 560 1gb ram ddr5 gigabyte

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 9, 2012 2:50:33 AM

hello guys , i need to make a request first then a number of questions :) 

so i want to over clock my GPU gigabyte GTX 560 but i have a gamma 500 watt power supply if that safe to over clock if so which software i may use ? to over clock

what are the limits for core and memory for this card

and whats recommended limits ?

is this worth it to over clock is this will make any differences ? because i want to increase performance

thanks for reading
July 9, 2012 3:35:11 AM

The usual limit depends on how hot your GPU can get to to before it gets too hot (or melts lol) which usually depends on your airflow in your case and room temperature.. try not to go higher than 80 C

And yes overclocking will most definitely increase performance. It's what it's for. With a 500w PSU, you'll be fine.
m
l
July 9, 2012 9:53:45 AM

Aleonris said:
The usual limit depends on how hot your GPU can get to to before it gets too hot (or melts lol) which usually depends on your airflow in your case and room temperature.. try not to go higher than 80 C

And yes overclocking will most definitely increase performance. It's what it's for. With a 500w PSU, you'll be fine.

thank you so much and i will try to not melt it down :)  maybe a good software for this task will be supportive :sol: 
m
l
Related resources
July 9, 2012 10:06:55 AM

something strange happened when i tried to over clock gtx 560 screen colors changed and some dots appeared ,lines and squares with pink and white colors and windows freeze for seconds and then a message appeared "a driver stopped working and it's recover" !!! every thing returned to normal i slightly increase the core from 2004 to be 2140 as i remember !! what is just happened ... also the temperature when i tried to increase the core was slightly increased then dropped for one percentage it was not that hot !! any suggestion please
m
l
July 9, 2012 10:08:33 AM

try going to zotac's website and downloading firestorm. I assume it works for most models it was a free download from zotac when i got my card (got from website without any sort of registration) its very simple shows temperature and has slide bars for fan speed / clock speed. Worth checking out, like i said not sure if it works for all models but im sure it wouldnt hurt to try its very decent and easy to understand. my favorite so far.
m
l
a c 291 U Graphics card
July 9, 2012 10:13:41 AM

First of all, while overclocking, run furmark burn in test to make sure temperatures are in order. Then, overclock slowly. Don't do big jumps (like 2004 - 2140), but instead little (2004-2014).
m
l
July 9, 2012 10:16:18 AM

thank you for the software but what is just happens and why this colors appeared and windows freeze did i damage anything here or what ? :o  am afraid for this to happen again
m
l
July 9, 2012 10:19:53 AM

Sunius said:
First of all, while overclocking, run furmark burn in test to make sure temperatures are in order. Then, overclock slowly. Don't do big jumps (like 2004 - 2140), but instead little (2004-2014).

i did that for 5 minutes last night and it was good temperature in 1366 x 768 the features was set on high and the heat was fine it was 75c not more
m
l
July 9, 2012 10:30:56 AM

from 2004 core to 2030 ... is that enough ? the temperature is still as it is on idle i didn't make any test yet
m
l
a c 291 U Graphics card
July 9, 2012 12:00:29 PM

You can't overclock without furmark stress test. Temperature will not rise unless the card is under load.
m
l
!