Would anyone care to share their opinions on this graphics card?

wolvenhold

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012
It is the ASUS Radeon HD6670 1GB GDDR3 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121645). I am thinking of buying it for a budget gaming build, intended to basically play single-player RPGs, most of them older ones- but also Skyrim and Mass Effect 3. Whilst I want everything to look pretty, I am not so concerned with ridiculously high graphical settings (especially for Skyrim)- that can happen later, when I have more money. For the moment I want a nice entry-level graphics card that will let me play everything I want to play with minimum fuss, on a budget which totals $500 for the components of the computer itself (from scratch), not including peripherals like the monitor and OS.

The processor I will be using with it is a AMD Phenom II 945 X4, all powered by a 450w PSU. I am not averse to potentially overclocking these components if it can be done, to maximize the performance to dollar ratio. The monitor will be a Samsung Syncmaster with 1680 x 1050 resolution.

So please, share your thoughts.

Edit: please note, the reason I am considering this video card is because it is fairly easily accessible, as I live in Australia I do not have access to Newegg, and I am sourcing all my parts from the fairly good pccasegear.com- this means the next graphics card up (a Radeon 7750) entails a significant hike in price.

auntarie

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2012
It will be able to max out Mass Effect 3, I'm not sure about Skyrim though. It's heavily CPU dependent. However, I think yours should be able to handle well at medium and even some high settings.