Sign in with
Your question

Will a Quadro FX 4800 fit in a DELL STUDIO XPS 435MT

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 9, 2012 4:29:00 AM

I am interested in upgrading the video card in my Dell Studio XPS 435MT. I am using Adobe CS5.5 a lot lately (PS, PPro & AE mostly) so desperately need an upgrade & was hoping to use Quadro FX 4800. I know it's compatible with motherboard but curious if anyone knows whether it will fit in the stock case...card is 4.36" x 10.5" HxL --- Anyone know??? Definitely would like to avoid transplanting into new case
a b Î Nvidia
July 9, 2012 4:34:49 AM

Fortunately, I got to see the inside of the case thanks to Google.

It's so big, I don't think you'll be able to clear any cables and the case on the bottom of the motherboard.
m
l
July 9, 2012 4:59:53 AM

Here is link to MB/Case layout
Technical Overview
Photo of Dell case opened

So if the Quadro FX 4800 won't can anyone provide a recommendation for graphics card which would enable GPU acceleration in Premiere Pro & Adobe certified? Any help greatly appreciated, especially from someone familiar with Dell Studio XPS 435MT case. Thanks for your responses & time.
m
l
Related resources
a b Î Nvidia
July 9, 2012 8:04:09 PM

Comparing the measurements, you are in fact correct. Glad that you found your solution :) 
m
l
July 25, 2012 8:53:44 AM

Hi I've been running a quadro 4500 in my 435mt for approx 2 years now and it's been great - no overheating issues etc - I did upgrade the psu at the time though, but I think everyone did anyway....
m
l
August 23, 2012 2:44:54 PM

Hi,

My answer is not directly about the 4800 quadro, but hopefully it will add something to this forum, and help you make a decision if you already haven't done so. I'm also a dell 435mt owner.

I've recently upgraded to a GTX570 MSI Twin Frozr II, and the card fit into the stock case. I noticed that the GPU's intake fans were almost touching the bottom of the case, leaving about 0.5 cm clerance. This raised a little concern, and I decided to track GPU temps using a software. I had 50-60C idle, and 80-90C under load. Some say this is normal, but I went ahead and took the risk of upgrading to a Rosewill CHallenger case, which is a lot larger and fit all of the Dell components nicely and without any issues. As a result my temps went down to 30-40 idle and never went higher then 60 thus far (BF3/CS:GO/Skyrim on Ultra at 1080).

Although the stock case fits big cards, I would HIGHLY recommend you download a software to check your temps (I use MSI afterburner).

Sorry if this info is too late, best of luck!
m
l
!