Sign in with
Your question

Cooling fans hitting on megahelms CPU cooler

Last response: in Components
January 11, 2013 1:37:12 AM

Ok, so I recently bought several Scythe Kaze Maru 2 Slipstream fans or my computer in an effort to reduce the noise put off by my system when it is on. Took out 7 Antec red LED fans (noisy as all get out) and got most of my new fans put on. Some didn't fit due to space constraints of my case (Cooler Master CM 680II Advanced), but overall everything was fine....

until I turned it on.

I immediately heard the push fan on the front of my Megahelms CPU cooler hitting the fan blades. Well, I knew that wasn't good, so I spent 30 minutes playing with it trying to position it so it would not be hitting the Megahelms heat fans, but no dice. so now I just have one on the back pulling heat off the cooler, but nothing blowing cool air onto it.

Has anyone else run into this issue with a Megahelms, or knows how I might be able to fix this?
January 11, 2013 3:30:02 AM

My guess would be probably because the Prolimatech Megahalems Rev.B CPU Coolers are designed for Dual Fans Support The Megahalems Rev.B has two sets of fan clips for a duo-fan installation. (120mm X 120mm X 25mm fan suggested) and not the 140mm fans that my links say you have. You might also want to take into account that the Megahalems fan RPM at 1600 or above is recommended.
m
l
Related resources
!