Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Acer Aspire x3400g CPU Upgrade

Last response: in CPUs
January 11, 2013 1:39:11 AM

Hello all! I have an Acer Aspire x3400g that I got from walmart a year ago solely to upgrade and tweak as I go. So far, I have upgraded the video card using the Radeon HD 6570 (its a micro-atx, I believe?) which is pushing the Wattage of the stock PSU. So, I have also put in 4 more gigs of ram. Now, I want to know if I can switch the case to another micro atx for the PSU (and to get rid of the god awful ACER logo) but mostly, see if I can upgrade from a AMD II Athlon 255 3.10gHz to another AM3 socket quad core processor from AMD. Yep, I wanna make this a great PC and Im getting there but the processor and the PSU is holding me back. So, my two questions:
Can I?
-switch the case to another micro atx
-upgrade to a better processor

Thanks!
DragonHawk64

Best solution

a b à CPUs
January 11, 2013 3:27:48 AM

https://support.acer.com/acerpanam/desktop/2010/acer/as...

Supports up to a Phenom X4 965

Power supply is SFF, so it is going to be tough to upgrade. It MIGHT be a TFX standard, but I would measure it and make sure it is the same size as any power supply you are looking at.

TFX at newegg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E...

The biggest problem is that you can't go high end video on a Slim system. Highest end card is going to be a low prifile 7750, but that's still a full step or two up from your 6570.

As far as switching cases, I really doubt the motherboard is a standard size.
January 11, 2013 8:53:55 PM

dragonhawk said:
Hello all! I have an Acer Aspire x3400g that I got from walmart a year ago solely to upgrade and tweak as I go. So far, I have upgraded the video card using the Radeon HD 6570 (its a micro-atx, I believe?) which is pushing the Wattage of the stock PSU. So, I have also put in 4 more gigs of ram. Now, I want to know if I can switch the case to another micro atx for the PSU (and to get rid of the god awful ACER logo) but mostly, see if I can upgrade from a AMD II Athlon 255 3.10gHz to another AM3 socket quad core processor from AMD. Yep, I wanna make this a great PC and Im getting there but the processor and the PSU is holding me back. So, my two questions:
Can I?
-switch the case to another micro atx
-upgrade to a better processor

Thanks!
DragonHawk64

Did you ever upgrade? If so let me know what you went with. I am really curious what I can do about the power supply as far as a modest upgrade without going away from slim case (its quiet pc perfect for my media center). I would switch cases if I knew what to go on.

m
l
!