Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Xp start menu

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 9:03:03 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

hi, i made some tweaks to my pc (tweakxp.com) and when i restared my pc there
was the classic start menu and when i went to change it to the xp one, it was
not listed. Could somebody please help me get this back!

More about : start menu

Anonymous
July 6, 2005 5:06:38 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Hi

Have you tried to 'undo' the tweaks you made with Tweakxp? That program
could have caused the problem.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
Please reply to the News Groups


"Mr. Bob" <MrBob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:C7751582-4F5B-431D-BBF5-5A5BEC8A2893@microsoft.com...
> hi, i made some tweaks to my pc (tweakxp.com) and when i restared my pc
> there
> was the classic start menu and when i went to change it to the xp one, it
> was
> not listed. Could somebody please help me get this back!
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 9:43:53 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

NoSimpleStartMenu

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

Windows XP Troubleshooting
http://www.winhelponline.com
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

Windows XP Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Outlook Express:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroup...


"Mr. Bob" <MrBob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:C7751582-4F5B-431D-BBF5-5A5BEC8A2893@microsoft.com...
> hi, i made some tweaks to my pc (tweakxp.com) and when i restared my pc
> there
> was the classic start menu and when i went to change it to the xp one, it
> was
> not listed. Could somebody please help me get this back!
Related resources
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 9:46:40 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=292504

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

Windows XP Troubleshooting
http://www.winhelponline.com
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

Windows XP Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Outlook Express:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroup...


"Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> wrote in message
news:%23qDqnQigFHA.3448@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> NoSimpleStartMenu
>
> --
> Ramesh, MS-MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>
> Windows XP Troubleshooting
> http://www.winhelponline.com
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>
> Windows XP Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Outlook Express:
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroup...
>
>
> "Mr. Bob" <MrBob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:C7751582-4F5B-431D-BBF5-5A5BEC8A2893@microsoft.com...
>> hi, i made some tweaks to my pc (tweakxp.com) and when i restared my pc
>> there
>> was the classic start menu and when i went to change it to the xp one, it
>> was
>> not listed. Could somebody please help me get this back!
>
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 9:46:41 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Thanks for the reply, but i want to disable the "Classic" start menu, and get
back the "XP Style" menu, thanks.
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 10:43:19 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Q292504 has the answer. Delete the NoSimpleStartMenu registry value.

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

Windows XP Troubleshooting
http://www.winhelponline.com
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

Windows XP Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Outlook Express:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroup...


"Mr. Bob" <MrBob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:B5896BA0-5281-4000-9E5B-DE1FEAA47F11@microsoft.com...
> Thanks for the reply, but i want to disable the "Classic" start menu, and
> get
> back the "XP Style" menu, thanks.
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 10:43:20 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

But there is no value of that kind in that place.
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 11:16:58 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Check for the "NoSimpleStartMenu" value in both these locations:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
-and-
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

Windows XP Troubleshooting
http://www.winhelponline.com
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

Windows XP Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Outlook Express:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroup...


"Mr. Bob" <MrBob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:7F15D010-5C6A-4A20-999F-CB4385B0D9BE@microsoft.com...
> But there is no value of that kind in that place.
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 11:16:59 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Im sorry but it's not there, i'll probley just end up reformatting it, even
though i really don't want to.
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 11:59:51 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Bob,

Is this what you see in Taskbar properties?
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/images/newstartmenu.JPG

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

Windows XP Troubleshooting
http://www.winhelponline.com
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

Windows XP Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Outlook Express:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroup...


"Mr. Bob" <MrBob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:F4CF712B-4AA4-489E-866D-E1CD60C33685@microsoft.com...
>
> Im sorry but it's not there, i'll probley just end up reformatting it,
> even
> though i really don't want to.
>
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 11:59:52 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

I never noticed that before but yes, thats exactly what i see.
Anonymous
July 7, 2005 3:49:25 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

See if this REG file helps.
D/l and save the file to Desktop. Right-click the file and choose Merge:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/reg/nosimpless.reg

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

Windows XP Troubleshooting
http://www.winhelponline.com
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

Windows XP Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Outlook Express:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroup...


"Mr. Bob" <MrBob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:09AF7D31-5BE9-460B-AB0B-17BF042ADB52@microsoft.com...
>I never noticed that before but yes, thats exactly what i see.
!