Xp start menu

hi, i made some tweaks to my pc (tweakxp.com) and when i restared my pc there
was the classic start menu and when i went to change it to the xp one, it was
not listed. Could somebody please help me get this back!
11 answers Last reply
More about start menu

    Hi

    Have you tried to 'undo' the tweaks you made with Tweakxp? That program
    could have caused the problem.

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "Mr. Bob" <MrBob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > hi, i made some tweaks to my pc (tweakxp.com) and when i restared my pc
    > there
    > was the classic start menu and when i went to change it to the xp one, it
    > was
    > not listed. Could somebody please help me get this back!

    NoSimpleStartMenu

    --
    Ramesh, MS-MVP
    Windows Shell/User

    Windows XP Troubleshooting
    http://www.winhelponline.com
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=292504

    --

    > NoSimpleStartMenu
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, MS-MVP
    > Windows Shell/User
    >
    > Windows XP Troubleshooting
    > http://www.winhelponline.com
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >
    > Windows XP Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Outlook Express:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroupsetup.mspx
    >

    > "Mr. Bob" <MrBob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> hi, i made some tweaks to my pc (tweakxp.com) and when i restared my pc
    >> there
    >> was the classic start menu and when i went to change it to the xp one, it
    >> was
    >> not listed. Could somebody please help me get this back!

    Thanks for the reply, but i want to disable the "Classic" start menu, and get
    back the "XP Style" menu, thanks.

    Q292504 has the answer. Delete the NoSimpleStartMenu registry value.

    --

    > Thanks for the reply, but i want to disable the "Classic" start menu, and
    > get
    > back the "XP Style" menu, thanks.

    But there is no value of that kind in that place.

    Check for the "NoSimpleStartMenu" value in both these locations:

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
    -and-
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]

    --

    > But there is no value of that kind in that place.

    Im sorry but it's not there, i'll probley just end up reformatting it, even
    though i really don't want to.

    Bob,

    Is this what you see in Taskbar properties?
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/images/newstartmenu.JPG

    --

    > Im sorry but it's not there, i'll probley just end up reformatting it,
    > even
    > though i really don't want to.

  10. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    I never noticed that before but yes, thats exactly what i see.
  11. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    See if this REG file helps.
    D/l and save the file to Desktop. Right-click the file and choose Merge:
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/reg/nosimpless.reg

    --

    >I never noticed that before but yes, thats exactly what i see.

Configuration Start Menu Customization Windows XP