Sign in with
Your question

What part measurements do I need to know before buying a case?

Last response: in Components
January 11, 2013 2:49:57 AM

Is it just the mobo? or the psu, fan etc?
a b ) Power supply
January 11, 2013 2:55:30 AM

check for the board size that could be fit in the case like atx or matx they are not the same size and the size of the graphic card for the space between the drive bay and card end .
m
l
a b ) Power supply
January 11, 2013 3:02:59 AM

hello... typically... ATX motherboard is largest... uATX ( mATX ) is smaller... less slots to plug in things, but will also fit in a ATX motherboard Case. There are uATX motherboard only cases.

You want to find a case that will fit a Standard Size ATX power supply. So replacements will be common in the future.

And like Scout_03 said above... High end graphic cards can be very long... and the location of the PCIE slot on the motherboards, in relation to the case, can very... and you can have obstruction with a Smaller case "Drive Cages".

m
l
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
January 11, 2013 3:08:40 AM

If your buying a mid-tower or above ATX case, your going to be fine. Its the smaller form factors you have to be more careful of.

How big a case are you looking at?
m
l
a b ) Power supply
January 11, 2013 3:32:27 AM

Part measurements? I assume you mean the dimensions of individual components as they relate to a chassis? Some major dimensions you'll want to know are;

- Graphics card length
- Power supply length of unit and length of cords
- Motherboard dimensions (the other posters have mostly covered this)
- 2.5" vs 3.5" drive bays

It really comes down to what components you plan to use.
m
l
January 19, 2013 7:21:03 PM

Quote:
Part measurements? I assume you mean the dimensions of individual components as they relate to a chassis? Some major dimensions you'll want to know are;

- Graphics card length
- Power supply length of unit and length of cords
- Motherboard dimensions (the other posters have mostly covered this)
- 2.5" vs 3.5" drive bays

It really comes down to what components you plan to use.

I'll find the parts I've bought and post them here, I have some cases like the COOLER MASTER HAF 932 Advanced RC-932-KKN5-GP in mind
m
l
!