[New build] Upgrade my system to be able to play Battlefield 3

Chocolade

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2010
Hi,

I want to change my current system to be able to play battlefield bad company 2 and battlefield 3 smooth on ultra graphics settings i mean highest settings on 1920x1080 all AA on highest.

Date: In the new few days/Week

Budget: Unkwon for now yet.

System Usage: Games first then program like c# but first gaming and most battlefield bad company 2 and bf3 level.

Upgrade Monitor ? No, No need monitor.

Parts to upgrade: Motherboard(?) , Ram , Video Card , Cpu

Overclocking: Maybe

Sli or Crossfire: Not sure yet depend whats better if at all.

Monitor: FLATRON W2486L 1920x1080

Why upgrading: I never realy played bf3 or even bfbc2 on ultra graphics settings without having some problems.
Many times while playing BFBC2 my game got stuck for seconds sometimes i needed to restart my pc since everything got frozen. In bf3 i couldnt almost move a bit without the game get stuck. In my messenger the text is blurry when i move my mouse over the test its getting clear. In Forums and websites when im using the mouse to quickly scroll up down i see the everything a little bit shaking or how yo say so its hurt my eyes i even see sometimes a small wave or something like that.

My Goal is to be able to run bf3 and bfbc2 and any other games under it with maximum graphics setiings ( Ultra ).
And also even if i will upgrade my system to keep it as much as possible quiet and not warm.

Now what i have:

Video card: One Nvidia Geforce gtx 580 1.5gb Gigabyte 1080h support sli ( if im not mistaken between sli and crossfire but it is support ).

Motherbaord: Gigabyte EX58-UD3R

Memoery Ram: Max 32gb currently i have installed: G.skill F3-12800-CL8 2GBRM (X3 overall 6FB)

Cpu: Intel, I7 920 2.67GHz

Now im not sure what i should upgrade and to what.

My pc case is: http://www.silverpcs.com/lian-li-pc-p50-aluminum-armorsuit-gaming-case/ LIANLI Black.

I also saw this link from tomshwardware about BF3 benchmark tests but i saw there many graphics cards on many resolutions and graphics settings and im not sure by this link what systemr should i upgrade to;

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/battlefield-3-graphics-performance,3063.html

malbluff

Honorable
If you are having issues with other things, rather than just poor play in BF3, it is possible that you have a fault, with something (possibly RAM). If all is working correctly, there is no reason why it should run BF3 very well.