$1,300 PC for Gaming and Editing

LioAngelos

Honorable
Jul 26, 2012
Approximate Purchase Date: 3 weeks

Budget Range: $1,300

System Usage from Most to Least Important: HD Video Editing, Gaming (Team Fortress 2 and other games at High-Ultra Settings)
Are you buying a monitor: Yes. I prefer a good contrast full 1080p.

Do you need to buy OS: Yes

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: I am traveling to a concert in Columbus here in 3 weeks, so I can defiantly get them from Microcenter if the prices are good. If not, wherever is fine as long as they are trustworthy.

Parts Preferences: by brand or type Intel, NVIDIA or Redeon (If possible), Consair Vengeance RAM, Western Digital HDD.

Overclocking: Yes.

SLI or Crossfire: Yes, but down the road.

Your Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Additional Comments: I know I can get the entire desktop that I want for around $1,500, but that doesn't include the OS and Monitor, but I am trying to see if I can get a really good editing and gaming PC for around $1,300 that will last a while. I understand it isn't the most to worth with, but it's worth a try. If not, I am open to suggestions! I am hoping for an SSD and HDD 7,200 RPM.

jerm1027

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2011

So it took me a while because I had to rebuild. I just noticed the brand preferences. So here is the best I got:
http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=27929228

I really tried to get the 660-Ti on there, but decided to go for the 570 for 2 reasons: A) It was cheaper and B) Fermi is better suited for video editing and still a capable gaming force.

jerm1027

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2011

Gigabyate? Hardly. Seagate, ASRock, Crucial, G. Skill are some of the brands that typically offer quality bang for the buck components. Asus too, depending on the product, though some of their stuff does have premiums. Gigabyte's Mobo's typically cost more than Asus and offer less. Can't speak for their customer service though.

Not saying Gigabyte is a bad brand, just their prices could be lower.

uh no. the ud5h board has about the same features as the asus deluxe board minus the software. gigabyte doesnt have great customer support but you are getting a lower price compared to asus. asus has more software for the price point. gigabyte has more hardware for the price point. pretty much wraps it up

seagate,crucial and gskill are great value companys as well. i just listed the one that was most convenient