Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

What to do if GTX 560 started to work between 95-100C ?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
July 9, 2012 1:21:07 PM

My graphic card started to work at almost at the max temps. i just finished spec ops the line with the max gpu heat 95 , and mainly it was at 90C. But it overheats when its used %100 all time. ( at ghost recon future soldier)

I have no idea how to overcome this issue ( other then changing the card/sending it to warranty - it is not an option in my country)

-The gpu fan is built it its not dusted , works fine as before. But before the temp was around 77 and max was 85 when i was used %100.

-case chassis fan works also.

-The only difference at the pc is = i added 3x4gb ram sticks , also got some electric shortages while pc was on so i suspect the psu(600w ocz stealthstream) a little bit.


I'll be very glad if someone give me an idea to knock off like 10C from the Zotac gtx 560.
a c 226 U Graphics card
July 9, 2012 1:34:54 PM

1. Take the card out and use a can of compressed air to blow out any dist which may have accumulated inside.

2. Put back in and monitor temps, if still running high, take off case side panel and use a desk fan to blow air into the case. If temps drop significantly, case air flow is your problem. Going from 72F (22C) in spring to 102F (39C) is a 17C temperature rise......you're seeing 10C.

3. It's summer .... what is the average seasonal temperature difference in your country ?
July 9, 2012 1:47:18 PM

JackNaylorPE said:
1. Take the card out and use a can of compressed air to blow out any dist which may have accumulated inside.

2. Put back in and monitor temps, if still running high, take off case side panel and use a desk fan to blow air into the case. If temps drop significantly, case air flow is your problem. Going from 72F (22C) in spring to 102F (39C) is a 17C temperature rise......you're seeing 10C.

3. It's summer .... what is the average seasonal temperature difference in your country ?


the temperature change is around 10C i guess in my country.

I'll try your suggestions once i get back home

Also i am thinking of disabling this (this is not my case) but that things gets the cpu air out but it goes up from the gpu all the way and it doesnt give it enough room to pass the heat i guess.

Mine is not short like that it goes all the way to the cpu fan
Related resources
July 9, 2012 1:54:44 PM

Try re applying thermal compound
July 9, 2012 2:39:13 PM

seumas_beathan said:
Try re applying thermal compound


i dont remember appyling thermal compound , the fan is built in the gpu!?
July 9, 2012 8:48:17 PM

JackNaylorPE said:
1. Take the card out and use a can of compressed air to blow out any dist which may have accumulated inside.

2. Put back in and monitor temps, if still running high, take off case side panel and use a desk fan to blow air into the case. If temps drop significantly, case air flow is your problem. Going from 72F (22C) in spring to 102F (39C) is a 17C temperature rise......you're seeing 10C.

3. It's summer .... what is the average seasonal temperature difference in your country ?



i took of the side panel and there was zero difference in the temps , the top of the gpu becomes crazy hot , while others are not that hot. so i guess this crosses the case airflow possbility.

my final question will be: Does a PSU have any effect on the GPU temperature?
July 10, 2012 10:32:13 AM



i took of the side panel and there was zero difference in the temps , the top of the gpu becomes crazy hot , while others are not that hot. so i guess this crosses the case airflow possbility.

my final question will be: Does a PSU have any effect on the GPU temperature?
a b U Graphics card
July 10, 2012 3:05:15 PM

If you have a short, you might be accidently giving too much volts to the card.

Try another psu, or another PCIE plug.

Take the heatsink off and look at the thermal paste, if it looks bad (its obvious) get some new stuff and clean the old stuff out, then replace.

Hope these help, I had a 460 that the thermal paste wore off then whoops, 30-70c temps :x
July 10, 2012 4:50:17 PM

austing said:
If you have a short, you might be accidently giving too much volts to the card.

Try another psu, or another PCIE plug.

Take the heatsink off and look at the thermal paste, if it looks bad (its obvious) get some new stuff and clean the old stuff out, then replace.

Hope these help, I had a 460 that the thermal paste wore off then whoops, 30-70c temps :x


hmm but how can a factory build in thermal paste dissappear , in a 8 month old product?
a b U Graphics card
July 10, 2012 5:10:46 PM

Possibly you have a short and the card is getting to much voltage

High voltage = high heat

the high heat could fry the paste?
July 11, 2012 11:06:38 AM

I have kind of the same issue. evga gtx 560 ti was running at 72c ish onload when playing SWTOR. Out of no where it started going to 90c on full load. I had the auto fan setting turned on. I started to monitor it and it doesnt really change speeds to keep the card cool. Now I turn the fan speed up manually to 60-70% when playing games and it takes it down to 65c area.
a b U Graphics card
July 11, 2012 11:15:19 AM

exittoexist said:
hmm but how can a factory build in thermal paste dissappear , in a 8 month old product?



You'd be surprised that cheap thermal paste can wither away quick if it's constantly exposed to hot temps.

If it is the thermal paste, I suggest using Artic Silver.
!