Gilbert

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2001

is there really a PVP - RP server that's coming up soon??

---
Malachite (lvl 60 Human Warrior) on Feathermoon (RP)

"Gilbert" <bs_kensou@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> is there really a PVP - RP server that's coming up soon??

It's coming but my guess is not soon.

I've always wanted to see this kind of server.

However, even on Argent Dawn, an RP server, one's got to ask "What's RP
about this?"

When you've got Lolita and Liquorice arguing about who's name is not
appropriate in General Chat, and Beefsteak the Tauren is lying dead in
Goldshire, and Albinofatty runs past, exactly what is Blizzard going to
offer here? Why bother with an "RP" PvP server? How's Blizzard going
to keep it different from the typical PvP server (which is no worse
than Argent Dawn)?

Gilbert wrote:
> is there really a PVP - RP server that's coming up soon??

Yes. The fan site for the new servers is www.rppvp.com.

The release date will be after 1.7 goes live. Most estimates put the
new RP-PVP servers coming out on the Thr. or Fri. after 1.7 goes lives
(which is always a Tue.)

Right now in public test there is an RP-PVP server as one of the test
servers for 1.7. (This should validate that they are coming if nothing
else.)

The only difference between a PVP server and an RP-PVP server is the
in-game policies. Both the PVP and the RP policies will be in effect.

For those unfamilar with the concept of RP-PVP servers, I will
summarize:

1. Take a PVP server.
2. Add the restriction that all names must be appropiate in a fantasy
setting.
3. Add the restriction that chat in all public channels must be in
character (i.e. no public OOC).

Rastus

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2004

> is there really a PVP - RP server that's coming up soon??

RP PVP?

Say: "Verily that thou been pwneth bitch"
Emote: spit

Yeah - I can see that working.

mikel

Rastus wrote:
>>is there really a PVP - RP server that's coming up soon??
>

> RP PVP?
>
> Say: "Verily that thou been pwneth bitch"
> Emote: spit
>
> Yeah - I can see that working.

Bleeding Hollow is already a sort of unofficial RP/PVP server. There are
at least a half dozen RP guilds on the Horde side, including, most
famously, Shadowclan.

Rastus

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2004

> Bleeding Hollow is already a sort of unofficial RP/PVP server. There are
> at least a half dozen RP guilds on the Horde side, including, most
> famously, Shadowclan.

Ahh the good old Shadowclan Orcs. I got pwned a few times by them back in
the UO days.

I later learned that they are meant to just hold you up for "shineys" but my
ingrained reaction of bolting at first sign of multiple reds popping out of
hiding got me run down and killed quite a few times.

I wonder how close the original concept they have remained?

mikel

Rastus wrote:
>>Bleeding Hollow is already a sort of unofficial RP/PVP server. There are
>>at least a half dozen RP guilds on the Horde side, including, most
>>famously, Shadowclan.
>

> Ahh the good old Shadowclan Orcs. I got pwned a few times by them back in
> the UO days.
>
> I later learned that they are meant to just hold you up for "shineys" but my
> ingrained reaction of bolting at first sign of multiple reds popping out of
> hiding got me run down and killed quite a few times.
>
> I wonder how close the original concept they have remained?

As close as they can, but WoW rules limit them. For example, they can't
really do the toll thing the same way because in WoW you can attack
people you can't talk to or trade with, and you can talk to and trade
with people you can't attack. So rousting people for small change
doesn't really work.