Mics and teamspeak

Hi group and all you killers
What is the best combo for a mic and which prog for using the mic as in
Teamsopeak
Ta in advance
sunnie (sars)
8 answers Last reply
More about mics teamspeak

    Sunnie wrote:
    > Hi group and all you killers
    > What is the best combo for a mic and which prog for using the mic as in
    > Teamsopeak
    > Ta in advance
    > sunnie (sars)

    I use my SOCOM headset from my ps2. It is a USB headset, on xp it is
    plug and play. It allows me to assign Teamspeak to work with the
    headset, while the game sound comes through the speakers. The program I
    use is of course Teamspeak. There is a program I have seen some servers
    use called Ventrillo which will not work with Teamspeak, so you have to
    use it on those servers. For the most part, however, I think most BF
    players use Teamspeak.

    In article <428b047b$1@dnews.tpgi.com.au>, sunnie_snell@hotmail.com
    says...
    > Hi group and all you killers
    > What is the best combo for a mic and which prog for using the mic as in
    > Teamsopeak
    > Ta in advance
    > sunnie (sars)

    i have and recommend the Koss SB40 headset. It's a "full ear covering"
    headset with padded ear phones. it can get a bit hot from personal body
    heat, but it's very responsive and i attribute half of my kills to the
    ability to hear things most other players do not hear.

    i cannot stress how important the sounds of the game are. i concentrate
    100% on the game, no tv, no mp3s. i play the game and listen/watch
    everything. i believe 100% that it makes me a better player.

    /CF

    I don't use a headset mic at all.
    I use AKG240 Professional Studio headphones and a Shure SM58 microphone
    plugged into a Behringer 1604A audio mixer that feeds into my pc line input.
    The headphones are very high quality. I can hear all sounds with incredible
    clarity. (I can hear you crawling behind me) and the mic is what almost
    every singer uses onstage. Works a treat...for the $$$'s!
    Like Col Flagg, I too cannot overstate how important a good set of
    headphones are.
    --
    Jimigun

    "Sunnie" <sunnie_snell@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi group and all you killers
    > What is the best combo for a mic and which prog for using the mic as in
    > Teamsopeak
    > Ta in advance
    > sunnie (sars)

  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    In article <p2Jke.40418$VH2.15018@tornado.tampabay.rr.com>,
    nospam@xx.ff.ll says...
    > I don't use a headset mic at all.
    > I use AKG240 Professional Studio headphones and a Shure SM58 microphone
    > plugged into a Behringer 1604A audio mixer that feeds into my pc line input.
    > The headphones are very high quality. I can hear all sounds with incredible
    > clarity.

    > Jimigun

    you're my hero. i think i have a stiffy.

    /CF
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    "Colonel_Flagg" <colonel_flagg@_NOSOUPFORJ00_internetwarzone.org> wrote in
    message news:MPG.1cfd2d2d90c6bcd6989766@nntp.charter.net...
    > In article <p2Jke.40418$VH2.15018@tornado.tampabay.rr.com>,
    > nospam@xx.ff.ll says...
    >> I don't use a headset mic at all.
    >> I use AKG240 Professional Studio headphones and a Shure SM58 microphone
    >> plugged into a Behringer 1604A audio mixer that feeds into my pc line
    >> input.
    >> The headphones are very high quality. I can hear all sounds with
    >> incredible
    >> clarity.
    >
    >> Jimigun
    >>

    > you're my hero. i think i have a stiffy.
    >

    > /CF

    Watch it there Pee-Wee. You remember what happened the last time you got a
    stiffy in public.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    "Colonel_Flagg" <colonel_flagg@_NOSOUPFORJ00_internetwarzone.org> wrote in
    message news:MPG.1cfd2d2d90c6bcd6989766@nntp.charter.net...
    > In article <p2Jke.40418$VH2.15018@tornado.tampabay.rr.com>,
    > nospam@xx.ff.ll says...
    >> I don't use a headset mic at all.
    >> I use AKG240 Professional Studio headphones and a Shure SM58 microphone
    >> plugged into a Behringer 1604A audio mixer that feeds into my pc line
    >> input.
    >> The headphones are very high quality. I can hear all sounds with
    >> incredible
    >> clarity.
    >
    >> Jimigun
    >>

    > you're my hero. i think i have a stiffy.
    >

    > /CF

    Heh, you can usually find me in SAS DC LV Conquest srv3
    Come up and see me sometime, big boy :>)
    --
    Jimigun
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    In article <D%Nke.68524$IO.26583@tornado.tampabay.rr.com>,
    nospam@xx.ff.ll says...

    > "Colonel_Flagg" <colonel_flagg@_NOSOUPFORJ00_internetwarzone.org> wrote in
    > message news:MPG.1cfd2d2d90c6bcd6989766@nntp.charter.net...
    > > In article <p2Jke.40418$VH2.15018@tornado.tampabay.rr.com>,
    > > nospam@xx.ff.ll says...
    > >> I don't use a headset mic at all.
    > >> I use AKG240 Professional Studio headphones and a Shure SM58 microphone
    > >> plugged into a Behringer 1604A audio mixer that feeds into my pc line
    > >> input.
    > >> The headphones are very high quality. I can hear all sounds with
    > >> incredible
    > >> clarity.
    > >
    > >> Jimigun
    > >>

    > > you're my hero. i think i have a stiffy.
    > >

    > > /CF
    >
    > Heh, you can usually find me in SAS DC LV Conquest srv3
    > Come up and see me sometime, big boy :>)
    > --
    > Jimigun

    heh. i've been in the CTF server, srv 2 i believe, regularly over the
    last couple of weeks. i don't do CQ that often in DC. FH, yes, DC, no.

    /CF
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    Colonel_Flagg wrote:
    > In article <D%Nke.68524$IO.26583@tornado.tampabay.rr.com>,
    > nospam@xx.ff.ll says...
    >>
    >> "Colonel_Flagg" <colonel_flagg@_NOSOUPFORJ00_internetwarzone.org>
    >> wrote in message news:MPG.1cfd2d2d90c6bcd6989766@nntp.charter.net...
    >>> In article <p2Jke.40418$VH2.15018@tornado.tampabay.rr.com>,
    >>> nospam@xx.ff.ll says...

    >>> you're my hero. i think i have a stiffy.
    >>>

    >>> /CF
    >>
    >> Heh, you can usually find me in SAS DC LV Conquest srv3
    >> Come up and see me sometime, big boy :>)
    >> --
    >> Jimigun
    >>

    > heh. i've been in the CTF server, srv 2 i believe, regularly over the
    > last couple of weeks. i don't do CQ that often in DC. FH, yes, DC, no.
    >

    > /CF

    I do CTF on occasion. Great fun
    --
    Jimigun