Solution
this makes no sense or is logical conversation for toms hardware.

this should go into archieves of weird overclocking speeds and innovation :D

TheDocGG

Honorable
Dec 8, 2012
The fastest a single core was reportedly taken was around 8.3GHz with an intel pentium prescott, if they are to be believed.

I have seen may people claiming that their 4 core cpu is running at "16GHz" because they have 4 cores each running at approximately 4GHz. This is not, however how speed rating work, and their cpus are infact running at only 4GHz.

Even with a multi-core processor, most programs are only able to use 1 core, so each core runs a different process (This is why if you look at the hardware monitor of a multi core pc under normal use, some cores are at idle while others can be running at 60% plus).

In addition to this, newer cpu's use something like intel's speedstep (similar technologies exist with ati and nvidia) technology to vary the clock speed up to the processor maximum to save power while at idle. For example an i5-2500k could be overclocked to 4.5GHz, butonly run at 1.6GHz due to speedstep reducing the multiplier to x16 with a buss speed of 100MHz)

bob_billybob

Honorable
Jan 11, 2013
Yes, it mite not be possible now ,but if you can get the CPU to work as fast/or close to the speed of the brain ,then you would not have to worry about how slow it is going. But, for that you would need to get/or grow some brain tissue in a lab and give it some special traces so that it can survive in low/ or even no oxygen.Then you would have the makings of the worlds fastest and most integrated computer.I have plans for that but people mit think that it is inhuman.So, think on that for a while.Thx

Starmaderp

Honorable
Jan 17, 2013

Just saying but the tissue is not the issue but the connections within the tissue. They could live in an environment with no oxygen but they would have no stimulation.

bob_billybob

Honorable
Jan 11, 2013

yes in would be the connections but if you can use the trick the scientist have figured out by moving atoms then you could have wires as thick as atoms.But, then it would be how much electricity the wire could hold ,but i have not found a suitable wire type yet.Then comes the task of hooking up the organic to the inorganic that would be the issue.