Status
Not open for further replies.

windsymphony

Honorable
Jul 9, 2012
Iam looking for a good graphics card from nvidia priced around 270 dollars .

i play games like dota 2 , diablo 3 and few other games with similiar graphics .

iam looking for a graphics card that wont heat up even after hours of gaming and lasts for longer time .

Iam assembling a pc right now for now i got few parts

Asus VE228H 21.5" LED LCD monitor
Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe
Intel 120 gb SSD 6gb/s
Force 750 W 80 plus Psu
Nvidia Cooler master case ( Full tower )
8 GB corsair ram

i need a good suggestion for the graphics card ( nvidia ) and processor (intel )

both priced some where around 270~ 300 dollars each .

Previously i assembled a pc 6 months ago ,

Gigabyte iSolo ( Mid tower chasis )
Gigabyte PH67A-UD3-B3 motherboard
Gigabyte HD radeon 6970
Gigabyte 690~ 720 W PSU
Intel i7 2600.
8 GB corsair ram
1 TB hard disk
Asus VE228H 21.5" LED LCD monitor.

for first 2 months i did not play high graphics games and the PC had no problems , later when i played games ( usually for a hour or two ) my graphics card and case fans roared up and went hyper , but there was no problem with the game fps ( with concerns about the life of my PC , i went to medium/low settings with all my games . now at the end of 6 months , 30 minutes of gaming heats up my graphics card and everything becomes laggy , when i quit the game things slowly go back to normal .( so confirmed its the graphics card ) i made sure that its my graphics card that was creating problems.

I play co-op games with my RL friend , being a guy who loves games from a middle class family he has a really basic set up for his pc which he built 3 years ago with a gb graphics card that went out of production right now * palit geforce * and core 2 duo processor . he plays games for hours and says me that his pc is quiet and does not heat up , and to top it all he got the whole pc for just around 500 $ !!!!!

while i spent exactly some where around 1000 $ 6 months ago and built this computer and am suffering badly for reasons i dont see , my friend enjoys decent gaming ( with medium graphics settings on games like dota 2 and diablo3 ) with a quiet PC that doesnt seem to even over heat .

After suffering so much i finally decided to kill my PC and started buying parts for my next PC , so given my story i would be very thankful if some one can help me get a good Graphics card and processor with price around 270~ 300 dollars each .

I want a System that is quiet ( reasonably quiet not super quiet ) and does not heat up ( the graphics card ) and would maintain good temperature when i play my games for few hours every day .

thank you

windsymphony

Honorable
Jul 9, 2012

I have never even fiddled with those over clocking options i got , its quite unfortunate tho and thank you.

and 2fast4thetown ,

thank you for the graphics card suggestion , but the processor is pricey , is there an alternative one that would be around 270 dollars and around ?

thank you

windsymphony

Honorable
Jul 9, 2012
thank you again for answering , i have decided upon the graphics card but i would still need advice for the processor .

again , i am not looking for things hat are OCd .... iam the type to put settings on medium and play games .

i just want a good option for the 270$ range, a processor and graphics card that can survive few hours of game play every day and dont over heat and acceptable fan noise ..

windsymphony

Honorable
Jul 9, 2012
ty very much el tigre, your reply made it clear for me , what to go for .... from what i have seen and read the latest processor i7 3770k ?

i guess spending some money to stay up to date wont hurt much .......i wish i can grade yours also best answer :) ..

and lastly i need info on h ow to not OC ( accidentally ) and make sure they all are working the way the supposed to be with good pe4rformance , if any one got good tips / idea or links that i can read on , i appreciate it very much ...
and again thank you very much guys

windsymphony

Honorable
Jul 9, 2012
ty very much el tigre, your reply made it clear for me , what to go for .... from what i have seen and read the latest processor i7 3770k ?

i guess spending some money to stay up to date wont hurt much .......i wish i can grade yours also best answer :) ..

and lastly i need info on h ow to not OC ( accidentally ) and make sure they all are working the way the supposed to be with good pe4rformance , if any one got good tips / idea or links that i can read on , i appreciate it very much ...
and again thank you very much guys

El Tigre

Honorable
Jul 10, 2012
Since I am still on an aging X58/i7 920 build, this guide helped me a lot back then, it seems like it was updated, it should help you in a way, I think there are better guides out there.

http://www.overclockers.com/3-step-guide-overclock-core-i3-i5-i7/

Status
Not open for further replies.