Sign in with
Your question

Will this psu be fine for this graphics card?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 9, 2012 8:50:29 PM

You at least want a 500w PSU but you really should get a 600w for allot of head room and also check the 12v rail to see if it gives enough power for the video card.
m
l
a c 130 U Graphics card
July 9, 2012 8:58:49 PM

I would step up to the 520 PSU in that range if I was you. It has 2X PCIE cables which will allow a GPU upgrade to a better card at a later date should you wish.
I would always recommend getting a slightly more powerful PSU than strictly needed.

Mactronix :) 
m
l
Related resources
Anonymous
a c 117 U Graphics card
July 9, 2012 9:02:02 PM

for that GPU, yes.

but if your cpu is a quad core, not likely if it is overclocked.
m
l
a c 545 U Graphics card
July 9, 2012 9:05:17 PM

For a system using a single GeForce GTX 550 Ti graphics card NVIDIA specifies a minimum of a 400 Watt or greater power supply that has a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 24 Amps or greater and that has at least one 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connector.

Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT the crucial factor in power supply selection!!! Total Combined Continuous Power/Current Available on the +12V Rail(s) @ 50°C ambient temperature, is the most important factor.

Overclocking of the CPU and/or GPU(s) will require an additional increase to the combined +12 Volt continuous current ratings, recommended above, to meet the increase in power required for the overclock. The additional amount required will depend on the magnitude of the overclock you are trying to achieve.

The Antec High Current Gamer 400W (HCG-400), with its combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 30 Amps and with one 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connector, is sufficient to power your system configuration with a single GeForce GTX 550 Ti.
m
l
!