Should Shamans Call Their Heals?

I just started grouping with my first character, a shaman, and was
wondering if healers usually announce their heals in party chat. I
made a macro that casts Healing Wave on my target and then tells the
party "Inc Heal for <TargetName>". This ends up filling the chat
window with line after line of "Inc Heal...." messages and I kind of
feel like I'm spamming my group.

In EQ, clerics always seem to call their heals and I was wondering if
that's the usual practice in WoW.

Thanks.

Daik

Fugwump wrote:
> >I just started grouping with my first character, a shaman, and was
> > wondering if healers usually announce their heals in party chat. I
> > made a macro that casts Healing Wave on my target and then tells the
> > party "Inc Heal for <TargetName>". This ends up filling the chat
> > window with line after line of "Inc Heal...." messages and I kind of
> > feel like I'm spamming my group.
> >
> > In EQ, clerics always seem to call their heals and I was wondering if
> > that's the usual practice in WoW.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Daik
>
> I've used a mod that uses Healix for a long while and no ones ever
> complained about it, even though it does sort of spam things up, but at
> least you can get credit where its due! The other day I was in Warsong
> Gulch and spotted a druid in bear form fighting a shaman I think it was,
> both were really low on health so I healed my team mate (I was a paladin)
> the other guy looked back then the druid finished him off then thanked me.
>
> With Healix you dont need to create macros, just use your normal healing
> spells.
> http://www.curse-gaming.com/mod.php?addid=489

Thanks for the link, Fugwump. It looks like a cool add-on. I'll give
it a try.

Daik

>I just started grouping with my first character, a shaman, and was
> wondering if healers usually announce their heals in party chat. I
> made a macro that casts Healing Wave on my target and then tells the
> party "Inc Heal for <TargetName>". This ends up filling the chat
> window with line after line of "Inc Heal...." messages and I kind of
> feel like I'm spamming my group.
>
> In EQ, clerics always seem to call their heals and I was wondering if
> that's the usual practice in WoW.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Daik

I've used a mod that uses Healix for a long while and no ones ever
complained about it, even though it does sort of spam things up, but at
least you can get credit where its due! The other day I was in Warsong
Gulch and spotted a druid in bear form fighting a shaman I think it was,
both were really low on health so I healed my team mate (I was a paladin)
the other guy looked back then the druid finished him off then thanked me.

With Healix you dont need to create macros, just use your normal healing
spells.
http://www.curse-gaming.com/mod.php?addid=489

Max

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2003

please dont!!!
there is no need to say who u r healing...
In normal groups (i.e. 5 or less ppl) u normally have no problems
healing (u have a main healer and, if he need help a supporter).
In raids (i.e. 6-40 ppl) just use "CT_raidassist" addon. (u MUST use
this.. it really helps a lot). there is an option that u abort ur
healing if target has more then XX% of health at the moment Y.Z seconds
before ur healing is done.
BUT what is very good is: 1st: "im ressing "target"" (so no double ress
in groups). in CT_Raidassist u also have a option therefor!
and 2nd: "Casting Mana Tide Totem - come near me" (so all other caster
can go near ur totem).