Sound Blaster Live VS Realtek ALC260

Status
Not open for further replies.

themav

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012
I have a HP XW4300 workstation with the Realtek ALC260. I was using a sound blaster live but then it stopped giving sound output. I don't know what the problem was so i was forced to use the Realtek ALC260. I've listened to both but i want to know which one will be better in the long run, or should I look for a new sound card for the computer. I know that this computer is old and i'm going to get a new laptop soon so i have to make this computer last for 3-4 weeks.

Solution
The Realtek ALC260 codec is fine for regular sound output as long as you only need stereo sound. It only has 2 channels but if that's all you need - no sweat. It outputs 24-bit sound at a 192 kHz sampling rate and with a SNR of 95 dB. That is more than plenty for normal usage.
The Realtek ALC260 codec is fine for regular sound output as long as you only need stereo sound. It only has 2 channels but if that's all you need - no sweat. It outputs 24-bit sound at a 192 kHz sampling rate and with a SNR of 95 dB. That is more than plenty for normal usage.

Solution

themav

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012

Okay thanks, I had been looking for the SNR so thanks for telling me. Based on what you said it should be good enough for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.