Sign in with
Your question

GTX 570 2560MB vs GTX 570 1.3MB

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 9, 2012 9:41:52 PM

So I've decided on getting a eVGA GTX 570. Only, I just noticed that there is a version with more memory.

So what are the benefits/is it worth it....all that stuff.

Again, thanks all. This forum made buying a new card much better.

Here are the 2 cards:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Productcompare.aspx?Submi...

a c 1318 U Graphics card
a c 230 } Memory
July 9, 2012 10:33:00 PM

Well if you have a 1080P or better monitor then the added Vram will allow more eye candy (AA and such) turned on without loss in performance.
a b U Graphics card
July 9, 2012 10:36:26 PM

The main reason to get higher memory is when going at 2550x1600 with multiple monitors.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
July 9, 2012 10:44:20 PM

If I have a 1080p HDTV but play @ 1600x900 with no AA b/c I've never seen the benefit vs performance....I wouldn't need it?

a c 91 U Graphics card
a b } Memory
July 9, 2012 10:55:33 PM

ICN3D said:
If I have a 1080p HDTV but play @ 1600x900 with no AA b/c I've never seen the benefit vs performance....I wouldn't need it?

and what happens when you crank up the AA ? And if you're running a DX11 intensive game what happens ? Personally I play at higher res than you listed and I can't see playing without making the edges crisper. And anybody that thinks you don't at high res isn't paying attention.
Whatever you decide to do is up to you. if you don't think you need it that's fine. save the extra money. And if you already have your mind made up why did you post a question ?
And NO, the extra vram isn't there for 2500 resolution. It's there for other things....... like AA/and texture packs that will weigh heavy on performance, etc./
July 9, 2012 11:12:35 PM

swifty_morgan said:
and what happens when you crank up the AA ? And if you're running a DX11 intensive game what happens ? Personally I play at higher res than you listed and I can't see playing without making the edges crisper. And anybody that thinks you don't at high res isn't paying attention.
Whatever you decide to do is up to you. if you don't think you need it that's fine. save the extra money. And if you already have your mind made up why did you post a question ?
And NO, the extra vram isn't there for 2500 resolution. It's there for other things....... like AA/and texture packs that will weigh heavy on performance, etc./

I haven't made up my mind. Thats why I'm getting info on both cards.

So far, I'm at a loss. I'm getting mixed info.

I don't use AA and only play at 1600x900 b/c I would rather the performance to be steady and high. I personally think games look great now without all the bells and whistles.

Plus, I'm like 5ft away from the my HDTV so I don't notice it as much.
July 9, 2012 11:22:35 PM

I just had a thought:

Does DX11 "need" to be @ 1080p to look decent?

Like how the jump was when games started coming with 1024 as the default resolution and those games "needed" to be at least that to look like the should?

a c 1318 U Graphics card
a c 230 } Memory
July 9, 2012 11:35:15 PM

ICN3D said:
I just had a thought:

Does DX11 "need" to be @ 1080p to look decent?

Like how the jump was when games started coming with 1024 as the default resolution and those games "needed" to be at least that to look like the should?

No but a display is always best at its native resolution so 1080P would be best on your TV.
a c 91 U Graphics card
a b } Memory
July 9, 2012 11:43:15 PM

Sitting 5 feet away from your TV......... nuff said. That and your res ... man above has it right. ........... urban
July 9, 2012 11:43:29 PM

rolli59 said:
No but a display is always best at its native resolution so 1080P would be best on your TV.

This is something I've been wondering actually.

Why is a native 1080p screen "at it's best" when at 1080p?

What would be the benefits.......I sometimes wonder if I'm hurting my HDTV playing at lower resolutions.
July 10, 2012 12:06:03 AM

Last question....promise.

I've heard from a couple of other forums that the 1.3MB card will be fine for running games like Crysis 2 or Metro at full setting @ 1080p.

If I wanted to do this would the 1.3MB card be good enough.

Again, I'm trying to get as much feedback as possible. Unless, the extra vid memory will come in handy later on or something I can't justify the cost.....again, if it's going to be an overkill or something.
July 10, 2012 12:36:37 AM

Thanks guys. Really appreciate it. Since I don't use AA much being 5ft away from my HDTV, I'm deciding on the 1.3 card.

I don't mind saving $30.
!