Please help with toolbar...

Greetings to all, and thanks in advance for any help...

I recently created a custom toolbar pointing to a folder on my root
directory, and had it docked across the top of my desktop. After
recently uninstalling the MSN Search toolbar, I got a popup that a
registry key was being deleted. I assumed it to be the MSN Search
toolbar, so I clicked "Allow Change". Now the MSN Search toolbar is
gone (good), but so is my custom toolbar (bad).

The problem is, I can recreate the toolbar with no problem, but I
can't move it anywhere. It stays locked into the taskbar on the bottom
of my screen. I've checked, unchecked, rechecked...I don't know how
many times...the "Lock The Toolbars" to make sure they were unlocked,
but I simply cannot relocate my custom toolbar to the top of the
screen like I want it.

I've searched all the threads here, and found a couple that were
similar, but none that answered my question. I'm hoping someone can
tell me how to fix this problem. I really need my toolbar across the
top of my screen.

Again, thanks in advance for your assistance.

Steve
2 answers Last reply
More about please toolbar

    Hi Steve,

    From the "Never overlook the obvious" department... once you have unlocked
    the toolbar you then have to drag it up to the top, so you click and hold
    then move your mouse to the top of the screen and then release.

    What fools most people is that the bar doesn't move until your pointer is
    very near the top.

    Hope this helps

    Andy

    Thanks for the reply, and you're absolutely correct about the "Never
    overlook the obvious". However, I've clicked-and-dragged until I'm
    blue in the face with absolutely no results. I even tried it again
    after reading your post. I'm convinced that something went awry in the
    Registry when I made that change sometime back, and nothing short of a
    format will correct it.

    I'm willing to do that just to get my toolbar back, but I'm really
    hoping one of these "MVP" persons will be able to tell me what I can
    do to correct it.

    Thanks again, though.

    Steve

    On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 08:51:37 GMT, "Andrew Bailey"
    <andy.j.bailey@ntlworld.com> wrote:

    >Hi Steve,
    >
    >From the "Never overlook the obvious" department... once you have unlocked
    >the toolbar you then have to drag it up to the top, so you click and hold
    >then move your mouse to the top of the screen and then release.
    >
    >What fools most people is that the bar doesn't move until your pointer is
    >very near the top.
    >
    >Hope this helps
    >
    >Andy

Configuration MSN Customization Windows XP