Norton deleted my partitions

G

During a routine bootup, Norton Disk Doctor gave me a warning about invalid partitions. After backing by data up, I allowed NDD to fix the problem. It fixed it alright!. I have an IBM 75gxp 45 GB harddrive. It was partitioned into 5 separate drive. After all was said and done, only drives C and D are left. How can I get those partitions (E,F,G) back without having to repartition and reformat the entire harddrive? I originally used Fdisk to partition the drive.

CALV

Distinguished
May 17, 2001
bloody norton strikes again............
you could try partition magic, I shouldnt be too hopful though :( but if you cant get back the partitions, theres still a chance that you can rescue your data if you have a spare hdd to rescue it too, theres a program called lost & found from powerquest, rescued most of my stuff after I fdisked/formatted a wrong partition.

Next time you wave - use all your fingers

G

Well, I used Norton rescue to retrieve my partitions. It took some tinkering to get the computer to accept the old undo file with a fresh rescue boot disk. I got the partitions back WITH ALL THE DATA INTACT, except that it is again recognizing that there is a partition error. Anyone know how to correct this partition error without losing the partitions or data?