Active Desktop Wallpaper

I'm trying to set a mandatory wallpaper for a user account with many group
policy restrictions. Although I have enabled both "active desktop wallpaper"
and "enable active desktop" the wallpaper doesn't appear. I have
successfully set the wallpaper for another user with fewer restrictions. The
restricted account does have file rights to the wallpaper file. One of the
group policy settings must be causing a conflict but which one?
1 answer Last reply
More about active desktop wallpaper

    Active Desktop Wallpaper
    http://www.boyce.us/gp/gpcontent.asp?ID=417

    Enable Active Desktop
    http://www.boyce.us/gp/gpcontent.asp?ID=408

    Allow only bitmapped wallpaper
    http://www.boyce.us/gp/gpcontent.asp?ID=418

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:06CBF5E8-C18A-46A7-A15B-348087C154F7@microsoft.com,
    cgcc <cgcc@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > I'm trying to set a mandatory wallpaper for a user account with many group
    > policy restrictions. Although I have enabled both "active desktop
    > wallpaper" and "enable active desktop" the wallpaper doesn't appear. I
    > have successfully set the wallpaper for another user with fewer
    > restrictions. The restricted account does have file rights to the
    > wallpaper file. One of the group policy settings must be causing a
    > conflict but which one?

Configuration Policy Desktops Wallpaper Customization Windows XP