Your question

A10 5800k, Increase Video Memory

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Video Memory
  • Components
Last response: in CPUs
January 11, 2013 8:23:44 PM

This could go under several categoroes so I put it under cpu since it's the core component.

Can you increase the amount of memory assigned to the 7660D on the APU? Seems odd if it's locked to 512mb.

Thanks

More about : a10 5800k increase video memory

a b à CPUs
January 11, 2013 9:00:06 PM

Yeah, i think it's max shared video memory is just tad below 2GB.
You should be able to change it through BIOS. Or by using software that you should get with mobo, i think. Isn't there some sort of application from amd to control various settings. Or it's in the drivers settings
m
l
January 11, 2013 11:13:20 PM

I've looked in all the typical places. Nothing in the Bios on the Asus board, CCC, or even AMD overdrive. I will check the mobo cd again, perhaps a utility I have missed. I have also done a ton of google searches and all the results are reviews or benchmarks comparing different speeds of memory. The search continues.
m
l
Related resources
August 25, 2013 10:08:55 AM

Well I fiqured it out and want to post it so some one will find this usefull
First off my motherboard is Biostar A85w and CPU:A10 5800k
Now i did it as "butremor" said , in the bios it is
In the bios find North Bridge section > then find GFX or GPU configuration etc., > select IGPU(not the PCiE.... something) > set Buffer... to Forced/Manual and Boom you can now increase upto a max of 2gb

and i did not did any before and after testing so i dont know if it changes/increases performance but i am hoping that it does
m
l
a c 149 à CPUs
August 25, 2013 11:37:11 AM

Keep us updated if it there is any performance increases!
m
l
!