New Alienware m18x dead by cheap plastic HDD retaining clip

sledden7838

Honorable
Jan 11, 2013
Hello,
I recently purchased/recieved a DOA Alienware m18xR2(factory sealed), found HDD plastic retaining missing and rattling around inside the laptop. On 1/10/13, Dell/Alienware tech support informed they do not sell this part but recommended replacing the motherboard for a new simple broken plastic clip. Also/more importantly, this broken plastic clip is not covered under my warranty and I would need to purchase this on my own. Looks like a computer parts scam to me. Wondering if there is anyway this forum can advise/warn anyone looking to purchase one of these laptops?

Also, one needs to know if you buy one where the part is not broke and plan to add a SSD drive, upgrade graphics card, processor or memory there is that chance you could break this part and have no way to replace it short of a new motherboard from Dell/Alienware.

Angry Bellic

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012
Thanks send it back got it replaced by a new one. Alienware also gave me a special mouse pad as a consolation for the crash on forst boot. THANKS INFINITE TIMES TO BOTH OF YOU WHO HELPED ME! :)