Hi, I'm new here and I need your expertise on hardware for a server that I want to put in my living room
There are already quite a few threads here about that topic but I would like to ask you for some feedback on the hardware that I found.
What I want to do with the system:
- Run a DLNA server to stream to my TV
- Run NFS and Samba to share files with my Linux and Windows PCs
- Run a webserver and FTP server that will be accessed by a few people (max. 5)
- Run transmission-daemon to download torrents.
- Run a MPD server and connect my stereo to the system (so I need a proper sound card I guess)
- Maybe install OwnCloud
I will probably install Ubuntu Server 12.04 LTS as an OS.
The system should be relatively quiet (it's going to be in the living room) and gentle to my electricity bill