xp icons gone afer deleting theme

i had downloaded a theme,installed just fine and ran fine but didn't like so
I deleted
it. However, when reverting back to xp theme not all my icons returned to
normal. I have tried changing them under properties but the folder picture
looks like xp but when applied it sitll looks like the downloaded icon. Is
there some how a way to reinstall the original xp icons/theme? I already
tried a system restore from a point before the downloaded theme install and
that did not help.
3 answers Last reply
More about icons afer deleting theme

    Kelly,
    Control Panel> Display> Scroll to WindowsXP theme> Apply. Then you can adjust the desktop wallpaper to your liking.

    --

    Click on Link to Add MS to your News Reader: news://msnews.microsoft.com
    Rich/rerat

    (RRR News) <message rule>

    "kelly" <kelly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4EB8B9D5-E790-46C8-A883-473663266547@microsoft.com...
    i had downloaded a theme,installed just fine and ran fine but didn't like so
    I deleted
    it. However, when reverting back to xp theme not all my icons returned to
    normal. I have tried changing them under properties but the folder picture
    looks like xp but when applied it sitll looks like the downloaded icon. Is
    there some how a way to reinstall the original xp icons/theme? I already
    tried a system restore from a point before the downloaded theme install and
    that did not help.

    thanks for the reply but that was not what I was asking. I already applied
    the xp theme under the control panel/display. The problem is that some of
    the icons are still the same from the downloaded theme. For example the
    recycle bin icon still looks like a cauldren and the folder icons still look
    like backpacks NOT the original recycle bin icon or folder icon that is part
    of the xp theme. Can anyone figure this one out?

    "RRR_News" wrote:

    > Kelly,
    > Control Panel> Display> Scroll to WindowsXP theme> Apply. Then you can adjust the desktop wallpaper to your liking.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Click on Link to Add MS to your News Reader: news://msnews.microsoft.com
    > Rich/rerat
    >
    > (RRR News) <message rule>
    > <<Previous Text Snipped to Save Bandwidth When Appropriate>>
    >

    > "kelly" <kelly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4EB8B9D5-E790-46C8-A883-473663266547@microsoft.com...
    > i had downloaded a theme,installed just fine and ran fine but didn't like so
    > I deleted
    > it. However, when reverting back to xp theme not all my icons returned to
    > normal. I have tried changing them under properties but the folder picture
    > looks like xp but when applied it sitll looks like the downloaded icon. Is
    > there some how a way to reinstall the original xp icons/theme? I already
    > tried a system restore from a point before the downloaded theme install and
    > that did not help.

    Kelly,
    For the Desktop Icons:
    Control Panel> Display> Desktop tabs> Customize Desktop button> Restore Default button> OK> Reboot PC.

    For Folder Icons>
    My Computer> TOOLS> Folder Options> General tab> Restore Defaults> OK> Reboot PC. You may need to go back to folder options tab. To make any customizations you desire> Then Reboot PC.

    --

    "kelly" <kelly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1205F5F8-7284-49F7-B175-CFAA51296E8D@microsoft.com...
    thanks for the reply but that was not what I was asking. I already applied
    the xp theme under the control panel/display. The problem is that some of
    the icons are still the same from the downloaded theme. For example the
    recycle bin icon still looks like a cauldren and the folder icons still look
    like backpacks NOT the original recycle bin icon or folder icon that is part
    of the xp theme. Can anyone figure this one out?

    > "kelly" <kelly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4EB8B9D5-E790-46C8-A883-473663266547@microsoft.com...
    > i had downloaded a theme,installed just fine and ran fine but didn't like so
    > I deleted
    > it. However, when reverting back to xp theme not all my icons returned to
    > normal. I have tried changing them under properties but the folder picture
    > looks like xp but when applied it sitll looks like the downloaded icon. Is
    > there some how a way to reinstall the original xp icons/theme? I already
    > tried a system restore from a point before the downloaded theme install and
    > that did not help.

Configuration Windows XP Customization Icons