Differance from a 6100 to an I7 3820?

EchoOne

Honorable
Jun 24, 2012
I just ordered my i7 3820,Will i see a noticable differance in gaming and video editing much?I know video editing should be a good improvment but will gaming?Im gaming on a single 7950 but on triple monitors with 16gb of ram.

-EchoOne :sol:

EchoOne

Honorable
Jun 24, 2012

Yeah i just wondered if FPS will gain even by like 5-10 fps in say bf3 and stuff.And how much performance gain would i expect in video rendering?

EchoOne

Honorable
Jun 24, 2012

My mobo better not be slow,I have the EVGA X79 SLI motherboard...a $300 motherboard lol

Dude, didn't you hear? If you have a "slow" motherboard, it doesn't matter what processor you have...................Yep, that was pretty much my response too.

Its friday night. I suspect somebody may have had one too many before posting. I'm sure he will see the light tomorrow.

I bloody hope so, or I might just consider petitioning to get him removed... LOL.

Retard... Holy crap.

Anyway in answer to your question OP.

You will see HUGE gains in video editing performance.
Mediocre gains in games, the more CPU intensive, the higher the gain. So BF3 large Multi-player will run quite a bit better.

Unfortunately you are gaming on 3 monitors with just one card. So the gains may not be enough. i would definitely get another HD7950 for 3 monitors.

So I am playing Karg Island with 64 players running around. I get 52 FPS average in a game.

OC my CPU considerably and now I get 69FPS average.

Now does THAT make it CPU intensive?

EchoOne

Honorable
Jun 24, 2012
Yeah idk what the hell that guy was talking about the mobo being slow,Ive been building computers for awhile and the mobo has next to nothing to do with cpu performance lol but anyways i figured in video editing just didnt know how much and gaming the more cpu intensive games that run on only 1-2 cores intel will out perform,Like garrysmod...I play that alot but bf3 in multiplayer i know the minimum fps drops will be alot lower...Like instead of dropping to 30 with my 6100 i might only drop to 40-45 with the i7

He might have a point though.

I decided to put it to the test. I took a Cheap motherboard and placed it on the sidewalk and told it to run to the end of the street as fast as it could. To my surprise, it just sat there. Didn't matter what CPU I put in it either. It just wouldn't move.

I can only conclude that motherboard was just too slow.

EchoOne

Honorable
Jun 24, 2012

Valid point,You just cant have a slow motherboard.I mean it just wont run as good as it should.