Need help building a PC for 3D design/animation

Hi All,

I am new to this so please bear with me.

I am looking at building a PC for 3d design/animation, and maybe some gaming. I will be using MAYA and Photoshop software.

I have looked through a few threads on here and found a list of components that i think should be ok (But i know nothing when it comes to computer components etc)

This is what i have come up with after a bit of research:

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.99 @ NCIX US)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($28.98 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Pro4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($117.86 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($44.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 7870 2GB Video Card ($239.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Antec DF-30 ATX Mid Tower Case ($85.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: XFX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($64.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-222BB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($16.98 @ Outlet PC)

I would like to keep the cost as low as possible and i will eventually plan to run 2 HD monitors as well.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Cheers

Rich
2 answers Last reply
More about need building design animation
  1. If that's first build, very good. The only slight point, is that power supply is much more than you need, unless you are planning to add something substantial. Mid 500's would be plenty. Get a 600W, or 650W, if you want to give yourself a bit in hand. 750W would be running inefficiently, most of the time. I take it you have checked the system requirements of your 3D, and photo software. Sometimes they have fairly specific system recommendations. Be sure your system complies. I take it you mean 2 monitors, for editing work, not for gaming. Other than that, happy building.
  2. Having done the above, I was looking at another thread that Maya doesn't work well with Radeon graphics. I had not heard that myself, and don't KNOW if it's true. Makes my comment about checking system requirements all the more important.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems