HP Pavilion dv7-1000 series no bios

kb34rz

Honorable
Jan 11, 2013
so I'm fixing my friend's HP Pavilion dv7-1000 series. When I turn on the power, the led's go on, but the laptop won't even boot to a bios screen. The led's blink once, over and over and I found this to mean there is an issue with the processor. So I bout a new processor and replaced it, triple checked all the connections, but to no avail. The laptop still won't even boot to bios and I get 1 led blink over and over. Anyone have any advice for me to get this fixed?

rilayton

Honorable
Jan 19, 2013

well I had this same problem and i fixed it. it sounds crazy but i took out the motherboard removed the cpu and all wires, then i put it in the oven turned it on to 390f baked it for 15 mins turned off the oven opened the door and let it cool slowly, put it back together and viola it worked. apparently this reflowed the solder. I was searching and found this fix on utube. hey yhe tech guy told my mom this computer was toast and suggested she recycle it. now I have a nice dv7 with bluray player that works great so far. I also downloaded an app called speedfan that speeds up the cooling fan. hey its worth a try and it worked for me. I really couldnt believe it but it is working great now