Cyberpower Build?

So as you may remember me, I was the picky one and according to nekulturny the indecisive one. I am making my life so much easier by using Cyberpower. I know it would be better to just build one (nudge nudge Srwy Sqrl),but look...... it aint happening.
I found a good $900 build on Cyberpower. I would not want to change much.

Cpu: Intel Core i3-2120
Gpu: Amd Radeon HD 7770 1gb
Psu: 500w 80 plus Power Supply.
Case: Some good Nzxt Case
Os: Microsoft Windows 7
Monitor: 19" monitor
External Wireless Card: Yes
Cooling: Liquid Cooling
Hdd: 500gb Sata Hard Drive.

These are the main parts. Does anybody want to comment, recommend, or share experiences about Cyberpower?
33 answers Last reply
More about cyberpower build
  1. My brother bought a 2800$ computer off from CP and he had to ship it to miami and from miami to panama. He selected every single overprotective option (Around 80 bucks more). Its been 2 years since he bought it and i really dont think has even had to format once. Runs good and smooth. I almost bought a computer there but i was lucky enough to find a guy who sold his MSI FX720 laptop for just 500 bucks, poor guy almost cried when i gave him the money, he needed for college.

    Said all this i was thinkin on buyin from CP a good i5 computer but the money u save is huge. Cuz u can get an extra 20 here, 20 there 20 everywhere, It does make a difference. Instead of u buyin an i3-2120 u can get an i5-3750, instead of an HD7770 u can get a better GPU and so on. 20-30-40 bucks difference in hardware gives u way more than what u want. Even if u have little to non experience assambling u can still assambe. I learned from youtube a lot. Step by step videos on how to set everything, very easy. If u buy a 900 computer on newegg piece by piece its almost as a 1100 - 1200 computer on CP. Go check a 1200 computer on CP and think about it. Plus u can get new technology on what you're buyin by using that amount of money.

    I hope i helped.
  2. Ditch the liquid cooling and I think it's a solid build
  3. An i3 and a 7770 with a 19" for $900? I don't think you are getting the best for your money, but if you are weary about building it yourself and don't mind paying that for the performance of a $500 build then so be it.
  4. zooted said:
    An i3 and a 7770 with a 19" for $900? I don't think you are getting the best for your money, but if you are weary about building it yourself and don't mind paying that for the performance of a $500 build then so be it.

    it's 125 for monitor and 125 for shipping. really for a tower only it's 650.
  5. yobdab said:
    My brother bought a 2800$ computer off from CP and he had to ship it to miami and from miami to panama. He selected every single overprotective option (Around 80 bucks more). Its been 2 years since he bought it and i really dont think has even had to format once. Runs good and smooth. I almost bought a computer there but i was lucky enough to find a guy who sold his MSI FX720 laptop for just 500 bucks, poor guy almost cried when i gave him the money, he needed for college.

    Said all this i was thinkin on buyin from CP a good i5 computer but the money u save is huge. Cuz u can get an extra 20 here, 20 there 20 everywhere, It does make a difference. Instead of u buyin an i3-2120 u can get an i5-3750, instead of an HD7770 u can get a better GPU and so on. 20-30-40 bucks difference in hardware gives u way more than what u want. Even if u have little to non experience assambling u can still assambe. I learned from youtube a lot. Step by step videos on how to set everything, very easy. If u buy a 900 computer on newegg piece by piece its almost as a 1100 - 1200 computer on CP. Go check a 1200 computer on CP and think about it. Plus u can get new technology on what you're buyin by using that amount of money.

    I hope i helped.

    which gpu do you recommend? I'm only playing wow and guild wars 2.
  6. Chairman Ray said:
    Ditch the liquid cooling and I think it's a solid build

    whats wrong with liquid cooling?
  7. Product Name: Gamer Xtreme 1000

    Price: $782.00

    ______________________________________________________________________

    *BASE_PRICE:[+699]

    BLUETOOTH:None

    CARE1:Ultra Enhanced Packaging Solution - Protect Your Dream System During
    Transit [+19]

    CAS:NZXT Tempest 210 Mid-Tower Gaming Case [-6] (Black Color)

    CASUPGRADE:None

    CD:24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)

    CD2:None

    COOLANT:Standard Coolant

    CPU:Intel® Core™ i3-2120 3.30 GHz 3M Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 [-84]

    CS_FAN:Default case fans

    ENGRAVING:None

    ENGRAVING_MSG:

    FA_HDD:None

    FAN:Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling
    Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA) (Single Standard 120MM Fan)

    FLASHMEDIA:None

    GLASSES:None

    HDD:500GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [-19] (Single Hard Drive)

    HDD2:None

    IEEE_CARD:None

    IUSB:Built-in USB 2.0 Ports

    KEYBOARD:AZZA Multimedia USB Gaming Keyboard

    MB_SRT:None

    MEMORY:4GB (2GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory [-25] (Corsair or Major
    Brand)

    MONITOR:19" Widescreen 1366x768 Sceptre X195W-NAGA 5ms TFT Active Matrix LCD
    Display LCD (Black Color) [+125]

    MONITOR2:None

    MONITOR3:None

    MOTHERBOARD:[CrossFireX] MSI Z77A-G41 Intel Z77 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/
    IRST, Winki 3, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, SATA-III RAID, 2x PCIe X16 (1 Gen3,
    1 Gen2), 2 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI

    MOUSE:AZZA Optical 1600dpi Gaming Mouse with Weight Adjustable Cartridge

    NETWORK:Onboard Gigabit LAN Network

    OS:Microsoft® Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit Edition)

    OVERCLOCK:No Overclocking

    POWERSUPPLY:500 Watts - Corsair CX500 V2 80 Plus Certified Power Supply [+24]

    RUSH:NO; READY TO SHIP IN 5~10 BUSINESS DAYS

    SERVICE:STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL
    SUPPORT

    SOUND:HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

    SPEAKERS:None

    TEMP:None

    TUNING:None

    TVRC:None

    USB:None

    USBFLASH:None

    USBHD:None

    USBX:None

    VIDEO:AMD Radeon HD 7770 1GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card [+49] (Major Brand Powered
    by AMD)

    VIDEO2:None

    VIDEO3:None

    WNC:None

    XWNC1:Edimax EW-7811Un IEEE Nano 802.11n USB Wireless Adapter [+0]

    _PRICE:(+782)

    _view_:{AB0D6CF0-5330-4C35-8811-B1348C0B2C0B}

    $910 with shipping
  8. You can choose to not include a video card at all, and then purchase one for less than they'd charge you. I think they charge ~$170 for a 7770? For that you could get a GTX560 (or save at least $30 on a 7770, depending on which you buy). This would require you to install it yourself, but you'll also save a handful of cash.

    Also, think about buying a monitor separately - 1366x768 is a pretty low resolution, especially for $125. You can get this 1080p Acer G215 for $120 inc shipping.
  9. mousseng said:
    You can choose to not include a video card at all, and then purchase one for less than they'd charge you. I think they charge ~$170 for a 7770? For that you could get a GTX560 (or save at least $30 on a 7770, depending on which you buy). This would require you to install it yourself, but you'll also save a handful of cash.

    Also, think about buying a monitor separately - 1366x768 is a pretty low resolution, especially for $125. You can get this 1080p Acer G215 for $120 inc shipping.

    what is resolution?
  10. moosy8 said:
    what is resolution?

    That would be the pixel dimensions of your screen - for example, 1366 pixels horizontally and 768 pixels vertically. A 1080p monitor is 1920 pixels horizontally and 1080 pixels vertically - that means you've got much more "screen real-estate." Compare the size of this 1080p screenshot to the size of this 1366x768 screenshot.
  11. ^Great explanation. I also agree with his suggestions. Installing a video card is very simple. All you have to do is unscrew the plate from the case, insert it to the pci-e slot, screw it in to the case and plug in the pci-e cable to the back of the card. Then just download the drivers from the amd/nvidia website and install them. Really is a very easy process.
  12. zooted said:
    ^Great explanation. I also agree with his suggestions. Installing a video card is very simple. All you have to do is unscrew the plate from the case, insert it to the pci-e slot, screw it in to the case and plug in the pci-e cable to the back of the card. Then just download the drivers from the amd/nvidia website and install them. Really is a very easy process.

    i'm not too worried about the price. If I can get it in my budget (which I can) I'll just take it. I don't want to wait and get the desktop then wait and get the video card and find out somethings not compatible. I will just take the 7770 as it is. Also I'm not too worried about the monitor. If it's in hd and can play the games I want that's all that matters. If I'm not impressed I'll just upgrade but I'm sure I can live with it for the time being.
  13. Also I would like to know if anyone knows the answer to my problem. I have a laptop. It's not exactly a gaming laptop. I played WoW Dcuo and Swtor on it before. All the times it would play for about 2 hours then start acting weird. Pressing escape would just turn off the game instead of opening the menu. I couldn't type words. I could only click. It was weird. The laptop has an AMD A6 vision Apu. It has Amd Radeon HD 6520g. I think the problem is the heat. I do use wifi but I play exactly next to the router. That shouldn't be the problem. It gets really hot during games like those. Oh and in WoW when i press m instead of bringing up the map it says music disabled or music enabled. I don't want to know how to fix it. I just want to know why it's happening and if it will happen on my desktop.
  14. moosy8 said:
    Also I'm not too worried about the monitor. If it's in hd and can play the games I want that's all that matters. If I'm not impressed I'll just upgrade but I'm sure I can live with it for the time being.

    1366x768 is very small - to put it in perspective, my 14" laptop screen is 1366x768. I'd really recommend not getting that 19" screen and going for the Acer I linked, as you'll want to upgrade eventually anyway. 1080p, full HD monitors (such as the Acer) are pretty much the golden standard today, and I promise you'll enjoy it much, much more than the one from Cyber.

    Quote:
    i'm not too worried about the price. If I can get it in my budget (which I can) I'll just take it. I don't want to wait and get the desktop then wait and get the video card and find out somethings not compatible.

    I can tell you right now, there'll be no compatibility issues at all, nor waiting (as Newegg offer free 3-day shipping; much faster than Cyber's 5-10 day). Think of it this way: if you buy your own video card, you can easily afford to upgrade your RAM and hard drive to something like 2x4GB DDR3-1600 and a Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB (which is faster, higher quality, and has a longer warranty).
  15. Like the guy said above you can get a lot more for your money by building it yourself. I'm going to guess if you go with that cyberpower computer you will be back in the future asking for upgrades to it meanwhiel you could have built your own and would not be asking for major upgrades. I can list so many upgrades for that computer that you would be interested in for the future, especially if you plan on playing more games.

    CPU, SSD, Video Card, Memory, Also I noticed it doesn't include a flash media drive (SD cards, etc) maybe it does but I didn't see it. For 900 and you will or want to upgrade all those parts I say no and I'm sure a lot of us agree with me.
  16. garrettk4 said:
    Like the guy said above you can get a lot more for your money by building it yourself. I'm going to guess if you go with that cyberpower computer you will be back in the future asking for upgrades to it meanwhiel you could have built your own and would not be asking for major upgrades. I can list so many upgrades for that computer that you would be interested in for the future, especially if you plan on playing more games.

    CPU, SSD, Video Card, Memory, Also I noticed it doesn't include a flash media drive (SD cards, etc) maybe it does but I didn't see it. For 900 and you will or want to upgrade all those parts I say no and I'm sure a lot of us agree with me.

    i already know how to build my own its just that it would be easier to get one from Cyberpower. I'm not in a point in my life where $100-$200 would make a whole big difference. I will check out the Acer monitor. My laptop which is a fine size for WoW (I've played before so I know) and it's 1600x900. That I don't think is much more than the other. If the Acer is more than 20" I'll have to think about it. Since my desk isn't all that big.
  17. moosy8 said:
    whats wrong with liquid cooling?


    The parts you have selected will have absolutely no overheating problems. The money saved could go towards upgrading another component.
  18. subasteve5800 said:
    Everyone above me has given good advice so I really only have 2 points:

    1. I want to re-iterate what Chairman Ray said: Ditch the liquid cooling. It's most likely one of the corsair self-contained kits. They are no better than an air cooler and generally cost more.

    2. Make sure it's a quality PSU. When I see PSUs listed with only the wattage and no manufacturer, I get nervous. As someone told me once when I was a young builder, "Never skimp on the PSU. It's the only component in your case that can set your other components on fire."

    its a Corsair CX500
  19. Everyone above me has given good advice so I really only have 2 points:

    1. I want to re-iterate what Chairman Ray said: Ditch the liquid cooling. It's most likely one of the corsair self-contained kits. They are no better than an air cooler and generally cost more.

    2. Make sure it's a quality PSU. When I see PSUs listed with only the wattage and no manufacturer, I get nervous. As someone told me once when I was a young builder, "Never skimp on the PSU. It's the only component in your case that can set your other components on fire."
  20. mousseng said:
    You can choose to not include a video card at all, and then purchase one for less than they'd charge you. I think they charge ~$170 for a 7770? For that you could get a GTX560 (or save at least $30 on a 7770, depending on which you buy). This would require you to install it yourself, but you'll also save a handful of cash.

    Also, think about buying a monitor separately - 1366x768 is a pretty low resolution, especially for $125. You can get this 1080p Acer G215 for $120 inc shipping.

    i was looking at the reviews and one guy wrote
    "Do NOT buy this monitor if you are gaming. NOT a good gaming monitor." Do you know why?
    Is there something I should know about this monitor?
  21. Chairman Ray said:
    The parts you have selected will have absolutely no overheating problems. The money saved could go towards upgrading another component.

    ok but actually the fan is more expensive.
  22. If the fan is more expensive, then the liquid cooling must be really poor quality.
  23. subasteve5800 said:
    If the fan is more expensive, then the liquid cooling must be really poor quality.

    only $4. So what i want to know is should I get the computer from Cyberpower.
  24. moosy8 said:
    i was looking at the reviews and one guy wrote
    "Do NOT buy this monitor if you are gaming. NOT a good gaming monitor." Do you know why?
    Is there something I should know about this monitor?

    He's probably complaining about the color range (which is mediocre, as the color range will be on almost all ~$100 monitors), backlighting (has to with it being a ~$100 TFT monitor), and possibly the brightness (200cd/m2; again, this is a budget monitor). If you wanted, you could even take the $30+ you'd save by installing your own 7770 and put it towards a higher-end monitor, such as the http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009266]Acer G235 or Asus VS229H.

    Also, on the cooling, the stock heatsink/fan is $20 less than the liquid cooling. That's what they're talking about, not the other fans. That'll let you put even more money towards a better monitor/RAM/HDD.
  25. mousseng said:
    He's probably complaining about the color range (which is mediocre, as the color range will be on almost all ~$100 monitors), backlighting (has to with it being a ~$100 TFT monitor), and possibly the brightness (200cd/m2; again, this is a budget monitor). If you wanted, you could even take the $30+ you'd save by installing your own 7770 and put it towards a higher-end monitor, such as the http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009266]Acer G235 or Asus VS229H.

    Also, on the cooling, the stock heatsink/fan is $20 less than the liquid cooling. That's what they're talking about, not the other fans. That'll let you put even more money towards a better monitor/RAM/HDD.

    actually I like the monitor you suggested a lot. I'm gonna go with that. I'm really fine with the ram and hdd. I can always add more later but I'm ok for now. The stock fan is a little too little for gaming imho. The other fan is actually a gaming fan. It should do the trick without overheating.


    Oh and does anyone know why the laptop isnt working on games. It's overheating right? I know it's not the internet because my older laptop played wizard 101 which is an mmo with graphics similar or close to WoW's and I didn't have a problem.
  26. moosy8 said:
    The stock fan is a little too little for gaming imho. The other fan is actually a gaming fan. It should do the trick without overheating.

    Not really, actually - the stock fan is perfectly fine for all CPU loads. It won't keep it as cool as a Hyper212, but it'll certainly keep it under acceptable levels, since you can't overclock the i3. I'd personally stick to the stock fan, but it's your call.

    Quote:
    Oh and does anyone know why the laptop isnt working on games.

    Couldn't tell you, sorry mate.
  27. The stock fan is a little too little for gaming imho. The other fan is actually a gaming fan. It should do the trick without overheating.
    Not really, actually - the stock fan is perfectly fine for all CPU loads. It won't keep it as cool as a Hyper212, but it'll certainly keep it under acceptable levels, since you can't overclock the i3. I'd personally stick to the stock fan, but it's your call.

    Quote:
    Oh and does anyone know why the laptop isnt working on games.

    Couldn't tell you, sorry mate.
    the new fan im using is a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Gaming Cooling Fan

    is it good. oh and if you get 80 fps on call of duty mw2 on extra what fps will I get on WoW mop on max?
  28. moosy8 said:
    the new fan im using is a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Gaming Cooling Fan

    is it good. oh and if you get 80 fps on call of duty mw2 on extra what fps will I get on WoW mop on max?

    The Hyper212 is a pretty good fan. The lower temperatures won't actually help you, but it might be a bit quieter than the stock heatsink (for the record, 'gaming cooling fan' is a marketing gimmick).

    Also, the 7770 should perform pretty respectably as long as you don't use Anti-aliasing. That's ignoring the i3, but that wouldn't be the bottleneck in this case (I believe; that last chart is running a Radeon 5870, 1680x1050, high details, in a very non-CPU-intense area).
  29. mousseng said:
    The Hyper212 is a pretty good fan. The lower temperatures won't actually help you, but it might be a bit quieter than the stock heatsink (for the record, 'gaming cooling fan' is a marketing gimmick).

    Also, the 7770 should perform pretty respectably as long as you don't use Anti-aliasing. That's ignoring the i3, but that wouldn't be the bottleneck in this case (I believe; that last chart is running a Radeon 5870, 1680x1050, high details, in a very non-CPU-intense area).

    what's anti aliasing. I know some people call it AA
  30. moosy8 said:
    what's anti aliasing. I know some people call it AA

    Anti-aliasing smooths out jagged edges (that is, removes aliased edges). Comparison, 0xAA vs 4xMSAA. It's pretty hard on GPUs, and seriously reduces performance (but it looks really nice!)
  31. mousseng said:
    Anti-aliasing smooths out jagged edges (that is, removes aliased edges). Comparison, 0xAA vs 4xMSAA. It's pretty hard on GPUs, and seriously reduces performance (but it looks really nice!)

    so I think I am gonna get the Cyberpower then a monitor. It all comes together at $856 which is including shipping.
  32. I just ordered an 1800$ system from them! with a 670 2gb superclocked and a i7 3770k :3 I hope everything comes intact :D
  33. Komo said:
    I just ordered an 1800$ system from them! with a 670 2gb superclocked and a i7 3770k :3 I hope everything comes intact :D

    can you tell me how long it took and if it came perfectly.
Ask a new question

Read More

Cyberpower Build Systems Product