Is this a good mid range build? Opinions

Z1NONLY

Distinguished

Yes. What exactly do you think the difference in "strength" is between the two different name brands for the same card?

KIERONOO

Honorable
Aug 28, 2012

I don't know. I'm a noob at this that's why I'm on here for help

Z1NONLY

Distinguished

Sorry, I thought your response was to my question directed at maninder055.

Different name brands of the same card can use different cooling options and amounts of vram, maybe even different clock speeds. But to recommend one name brand over another of the same card, as "stronger" seems like hype to me. -Particularly when there is no spec listed for the recommendation, like "Get the card with 2G of ram rather than 1G."

I thought maybe it was a typo and he was recommending a 560ti over a 560. (The ti has more cores than the non ti) But a 560 is generally a 560 when talking about how "strong" a card is.

I could see someone recommending one 560 over another because one has a quieter cooling solution or maybe a slightly higher clock speed at the same price as one with a lower clock speed. But not just "brand x" GTX 560 is stronger than "brand y" GTX 560.

sheepsnowadays

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012

Did you own a Cooler Master PSU that failed or why do you not like them. I am not attacking you just wondering because I own one and would like to know what to watch out for or is it just preference?

crowz9

Honorable
Jul 6, 2012

Great build.
Answering you question, get a PCI wireless network adapter, those are really, really cheap.

KIERONOO

Honorable
Aug 28, 2012

Is there any particular model that will perform better with a certain router?

crowz9

Honorable
Jul 6, 2012

Well I don't know what router you have, but if you want to be sure, try getting a wireless adapter from the same brand.
Any 150MBPS or 300MBPS adapter should work just fine. They come with both big and small antennas.