leeoeijin

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2001
I am using a ESS1868 sound card...it has not been producing any audio lately...when i try to play an audio file...the warning says...there is no audio hardware detected...is my soundcard spoilt or is it because of the ISA connection...i recently removed the sound card to attach it to another of my computer...it worked well that time...but it is useless in its original computer...pls help!

Jordan Lee

arsend

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2001
ISA Sound card? if you have been able to run that sound card for so long, you have been blessed with a good one. More than likely, you will need to replace it as trouble shooting this card may not be worth the time and/or effort. All I can say is try installing it on another ISA slot if you have one, or reinstalling it in the one ISA slot its in. If this works, great, you have a rare jem; if it doesn't, I would start researching to find a replacement. The good news is that the Soundblaster Live! Value is now down to $30 on the internet so a quality soundcard should not cost you to much:)

If it works for you then don't fix it.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
You actually have a fairly good soundcard, but ISA can be a hassle. I think you might have a corrupted driver. Try manually removing the associated files and reinstalling the card. If you did a good job, Windows won't be able to locate the driver and you can reinstall it from the disk.

Back to you Tom...