So with Saphire about to release a 1GB version of the 7850 soon, I was curious to see what kind of price difference people think we will see this time around.
Will it be the same as we witnessed last time with the 6950 £20-£30 ? or will AMD choose to drop a little lower in a bid to really gain momentum in this performance sector.
As it stands Nvidia have a more than capable card in the 560Ti that competes very well against the 7850 in performance terms and is noticeably cheaper.
Will this prompt price drops from Nvidia ? It was rumoured they were trying to clear the channel of the 560Ti cards some weeks ago, the price didn't really substantiate that considering its had been going up.

There are some 560Ti price drops in evidence already. Hold on to your hats ladies and gents this could get interesting, if AMD choose to make it so.
The time to buy a mid range upgrade could be just around the corner.

The situation may well be different in other countries but here in the UK its looking interesting.

Mactronix :)

The latest I have heard is that the 660 (Non Ti ) will be the highest performing card based on the next GPU die down the performance ladder GK106. With the 660Ti being a further cut down GK104. I don't know how low price wise Nvidia would be prepared to go with GK104 chips, but then I guess selling them is preferable to not.
Its a new situation for Nvidia to be in (having to make the most of defective chips) so we don't really know how they will choose to proceed. You could assume pretty much the same as AMD always have but assumption can make you look silly at times.

That aside I guess Nvidia price dropping the 560Ti would give them a pricing space for what would I guess be higher priced new parts.

Mactronix :)