Artifacting in video streaming!

Solution
OK, there seems to be a glitch with some video players (like VLC) and Catalyst 12.6. I have seen personally with an Alienware M15x with a HD5850m GPU. This does not happen on my other AMD based GPUs.

Have you tried another player (like DIVX)? Also, did you have this problem with the previous versions of Catalyst?

julien329

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2011
So I tried upgrading to catalyst 12.6, but I still get the artifact...

By the way, yes I'm using VLC, version 2.0.2.

I'm also sometimes experiencing crash when launching videos (in every player, even from the internet). I'm only experiencing these issues when watching videos, gaming is fine.

drbaltazar

Distinguished
May 21, 2010
1080i,ycbcr set to 4.2.2,w7 color set to scrgb,in amd hertz set to 29.97,lastly might need to deactivate itc in gpu also set deinterlacing in gpu to your screen setting (probably motion adaptative at minimum,if you can you can set it at max .

COLGeek

Cybernaut
OK, there seems to be a glitch with some video players (like VLC) and Catalyst 12.6. I have seen personally with an Alienware M15x with a HD5850m GPU. This does not happen on my other AMD based GPUs.

Have you tried another player (like DIVX)? Also, did you have this problem with the previous versions of Catalyst?

Solution