Which is better ?

aimansyafiq99

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
Hello, guys i want to ask is it better to upgrade my GPU or CPU? Im currently thinking to buy the Asus GTX 660 ti and an Intel Core i5 3570k with a new mobo. My current setup is AMD Athlon II X2 with a XFX 5670

I mostly play Battlefield 3 and well most of all games except RPG and MMO. So which is better ?

Solution
No it would be well balanced. I have a Phenom x4 @ 3.7GHz + a 6950 2Gb (very slightly less performance than a 7850) and it can play all the games I have on Ultra settings. I don't have BF3 though you may have to drop to high in large multiplayer maps.
An Athlon x2 will be a huge bottleneck for a 660Ti & a 5670 isn't really a gaming card.

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
A little confusing on your question.

A 3570k + 660ti will smoke what you have.

If you're only looking at to upgrade your gpu or cpu in this case I go with the cpu. Though even if I had to wait longer I would simply replace my mobo, cpu, and gpu.

Kamen_BG

Distinguished
Right now, the games you play are very sensitibve to CPU speed, so a CPU upgrade might actaully be a better choice than a GPU one at first.

I'm just going to list the advantages of both upgrades.
A CPU upgrade will allow you to play games much smoother than now, but at the same settings.
A GPU upgrade will allow you to significantly increase the settings, but the gamesplay won't be that smooth.

No it would be well balanced. I have a Phenom x4 @ 3.7GHz + a 6950 2Gb (very slightly less performance than a 7850) and it can play all the games I have on Ultra settings. I don't have BF3 though you may have to drop to high in large multiplayer maps.
An Athlon x2 will be a huge bottleneck for a 660Ti & a 5670 isn't really a gaming card.

Solution