Sign in with
Your question

Aircooling gtx 690??????????

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 10, 2012 3:25:45 PM

I'm getting a ultimatm gaming system (overkill) anyway I'm getting either 1 690 or 2 in sli, Depending on the monitors. Anyway I need to go watercooling obviously but my case can only fit a dual loop, 1 cpu 2 gpu I need 1 cpu 4gpu!!! Btw my case is the Nzxt Phantom Full Tower Case. I know it's not good for watercooling but I was told I could mod the case, (like this the one with the white paint job btw http://www.overclock.net/t/876350/official-nzxt-phantom...) by fitting all of the extra rads into the bottom modded part of the case. But then, yes always a problem pops up, I start thinking all the bad things about watercooling and that the mod might be too hard.

So I was thinking what if I could go aircooling instead, I know it sounds ridiculous but I was just thinking since it's more easier to maintain and if something goes wrong it won't be fatal to my system, whereas in a watercooled system hardware doesn't like to get wet. But I know it's a crazy idea for a system like that since it will probably melt in a few seconds but I was just thinking. Anyway I had a look at a phantom and it says it can only have 7 fans but I had a look and it can actually encompass 10 fan give or take 1. But that will take away the use of the drive-bays. But with the drive-bays being used it could handle 8/9 fans so this is what I came up with;

4 x 120mm 1 x 140mm 3 x200(195) mm fans so what temps would I be getting with this with 1 OR 2 690's running maxing out everything and with a ultimate enb.

More about : aircooling gtx 690

a b U Graphics card
July 10, 2012 3:51:30 PM

1 690 maybe 2 no way You would have to mod the case. Ithink you could water cool w/o modding put the radiator on the top of the case and you are good to go :p 
a c 185 U Graphics card
July 10, 2012 3:57:06 PM

what's with all the question marks? You only need to use one.
!