Sign in with
Your question

Which PSU for video-editing and high quality gaming?

Last response: in Components
January 12, 2013 10:03:08 AM

Hey.

This is my first post here on tomshardware, so I'm sorry if I am violating some unknown rule.

I've built a computer, that should be pretty good to video-editing and high quality gaming. With video-editing I am meaning FRAPsing, AE, Sony Vegas etc etc. and then I should ofcourse be able to FRAPs and such without any problems, that I have with this computer I am sitting on right now (i5-2500, 560ti).

http://www.komplett.dk/k/shoplist.aspx?mode=edit&Shoppi...

I wanted to ask, if the PSU I have on the shoplist would be able to pull such things? I've also looked on this one: http://www.mm-vision.dk/produkter/vis.asp?varenr=612123...

(there's a clear difference in price btw. around 50€)

What is best? Do I need a bigger PSU?

Any other things you would change on my shoplist?

What about the RAM, are they good enough? I have no clue about RAM.. Don't know which brand to take or which ones is the best. Could you possibly link me some good RAM around 12GB or 16GB?

Thanks.

(I come from Denmark, so I apologise if I have any flaws in my english) (of course I have.. silly me)
a b ) Power supply
January 12, 2013 10:24:20 AM

The komplett.dk shoplist link doesn't work.
a b ) Power supply
a b 4 Gaming
January 12, 2013 10:44:30 AM

Not at all familiar with Danish prices, but if you just need a PSU for a i5 2500 and GTX560ti then something like this-
XFX 550W http://www.komplett.dk/k/ki.aspx?sku=657685 would be perfectly sufficient.

If there's other stuff on your list that we can't see, or you plan on adding things in later then you can go higher on wattage, but for the time being its unnecessary.
Seasonic PSUs are usually very good quality and all XFX PSUs (as far as I'm aware) are made by Seasonic too.
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
a b 4 Gaming
January 12, 2013 11:00:32 AM

yes, when it comes to psu, seasonic is the first on my list. 5years warranty, AND most well known psu's are made by seasonic
a b ) Power supply
a b 4 Gaming
January 12, 2013 11:03:55 AM

hmn, weird, one of the link, it is seasonic 750, but the picture looks nothing like any seasonic i've seen. it looks like a cheap psu, but then again it may just be a generic psu picture that they are using. but i dont see how it helps to sell a product, using a non-attractive image.
a b ) Power supply
a b 4 Gaming
January 12, 2013 11:08:08 AM

Cons29 said:
hmn, weird, one of the link, it is seasonic 750, but the picture looks nothing like any seasonic i've seen. it looks like a cheap psu, but then again it may just be a generic psu picture that they are using. but i dont see how it helps to sell a product, using a non-attractive image.

Its a Seasonic OEM model. Not one of their common model numbers.
a b ) Power supply
a b 4 Gaming
January 12, 2013 11:20:34 AM

oh, i see. i don't like it :) 
January 12, 2013 12:38:37 PM

Wow that's weird, that my link doesnt work.

Ehm I can tell you the build:

CPU: i7-3770K
GPU: ASUS Geforce GTX 670
Cooler: Noctua NH-D14
SSD: OCZ Agility 4 Series 2. 5" 256GB
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB Sata 6Gb/s
Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V, Socket-1155
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 16GB
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl
a c 288 ) Power supply
a b 4 Gaming
January 12, 2013 4:07:24 PM