Solved

What Series of the HD radeon should I buy for gaming ?

I am not really an expert in graphics cards so I don't know what to buy. The Options I Have are : HD 5450 , HD 6450 , HD 4870 , HD 5570. What would be better for modern games like BF3 , Crysis2 , and so on ...
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about what series radeon gaming
  1. Those aren't high end, at least I don't think so. I'm pretty sure the 5570 is the best of the ones you listed.
  2. Best answer
    None of these are exactly "Modern Day Gaming" Cards and they will struggle with the games listed.

Generally though:
    9 Series: Bleeding Edge Components, Max out All New Games, Multi Monitors etc..
    8 Series: Performance parts, Should be able to play new games on high with good frames
    7: Entry-Level Gaming, Can run old games on high detail, and can run new games with decent frames, but without eye-candy.
    6 and below: Multimedia Oriented Cards. Not suitable for anything but light gaming.

Now, in saying this, the top end game evolves as the graphic card does, so a 6850 and a 7850 will not even be comparable.

For your purpose, I would recommend at least a 560/6870/7850 for those games, but if i had to choose one of those cards, 4870.
  3. mastrom101 said:
    None of these are exactly "Modern Day Gaming" Cards and they will struggle with the games listed.

Generally though:
    9 Series: Bleeding Edge Components, Max out All New Games, Multi Monitors etc..
    8 Series: Performance parts, Should be able to play new games on high with good frames
    7: Entry-Level Gaming, Can run old games on high detail, and can run new games with decent frames, but without eye-candy.
    6 and below: Multimedia Oriented Cards. Not suitable for anything but light gaming.

Now, in saying this, the top end game evolves as the graphic card does, so a 6850 and a 7850 will not even be comparable.

For your purpose, I would recommend at least a 560/6870/7850 for those games, but if i had to choose one of those cards, 4870.

So if I figured out to buy the 6870 , Will that be a decent graphics card for modern gaming ??
  4. Yes. It's a very decent card.
  5. Best answer selected by refaatamr.
  6. refaatamr said:
    So if I figured out to buy the 6870 , Will that be a decent graphics card for modern gaming ??

the 6870 should be good for modern day gaming. You can find it on tigerdirect.ca or .com for $155

The 7850 is even better, but if your on a budget, i would get the 6870.

It plays most games on full settings, but for some games e.g. Metro2033 you may need to tone down the eye-candy.

Here is the link

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=869185&CatId=7005
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=869185&CatId=7005
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gaming HD Radeon Graphics