screen saver not working

my screen saver does not work and has never worked and i just got my computer
4 answers Last reply
More about screen saver working

    Derek wrote:
    > my screen saver does not work and has never worked and i just got my
    > computer

    All screensavers for all users?
    If you have not tried more than one user/screensaver - do so or specify the
    screensaver that does not work.
    Change the options (timeout, lock/return to welcome screen, etc) as well.

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

    none of the windows screen savers work on any of the settings on any of the
    times or users and none of the downloaded screen savers either

    "Shenan Stanley" wrote:

    > Derek wrote:
    > > my screen saver does not work and has never worked and i just got my
    > > computer
    >
    > All screensavers for all users?
    > If you have not tried more than one user/screensaver - do so or specify the
    > screensaver that does not work.
    > Change the options (timeout, lock/return to welcome screen, etc) as well.
    >
    > --
    > Shenan Stanley
    > MS-MVP
    > --
    > How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;326719
    Screen Saver May Not Start in Windows XP

    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_s.htm#ss
    Troubleshooting Screen Saver Issues in XP

    Posting from another user by the name of David:
    �I figured out what the problem is. It's the Microsoft Wireless Mouse. If I switch
    the mouse to one with a tail the screensaver works.�
    then David posted again
    �I got a fix. I changed to connection to the computer using the USB to PS2 adapter
    that came with the mouse. Now I get the screensaver. I would be interested to find
    out why this works.�

    "Derek" <Derek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > my screen saver does not work and has never worked and i just got my computer

    i to hooked up the dell wired mouse and the screen savers worked, but with
    the microsoft wireless USB it does not, i broke my connetor it came with,
    whats it called a PS2? so i can go buy a new one.

    THANKS GUYS

    "TaurArian" wrote:

    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;326719
    > Screen Saver May Not Start in Windows XP
    >
    > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_s.htm#ss
    > Troubleshooting Screen Saver Issues in XP
    >
    > Posting from another user by the name of David:
    > �I figured out what the problem is. It's the Microsoft Wireless Mouse. If I switch
    > the mouse to one with a tail the screensaver works.�
    > then David posted again
    > �I got a fix. I changed to connection to the computer using the USB to PS2 adapter
    > that came with the mouse. Now I get the screensaver. I would be interested to find
    > out why this works.�
    >

    > "Derek" <Derek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > my screen saver does not work and has never worked and i just got my computer

Configuration Computers Microsoft Customization Windows XP