changing shortcuts in XP start menu (ex. My Music)

xen

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2005

The way I have my computer set up, I have a small partition for the Windows
OS, and a large, roughly 400 gig RAID set up across 3 discs. Because of this,
I wish to store my files on the storage drive, and not on the OS partition.
I'd like to know if I can change the normal My Documents, My Music, and My
Pictures shortcuts in the XP start menu to use the new locations instead of
the ones in the default locations. I'm aware that I could just pin the new
locations to the start menu on the left side, but I'd rather make use of the
ones that are already there, so I can pin other things in that location.

While I'm at it, I may as well ask if there is any way to add new shortcuts
to the right side of the Start menu, such as a "My Videos" folder below the
standard Documents, Images, and Music shortcuts.

This article may help.

How to Move the Location of a Locally Cached Profile
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q214470/

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional