changing shortcuts in XP start menu (ex. My Music)

The way I have my computer set up, I have a small partition for the Windows
OS, and a large, roughly 400 gig RAID set up across 3 discs. Because of this,
I wish to store my files on the storage drive, and not on the OS partition.
I'd like to know if I can change the normal My Documents, My Music, and My
Pictures shortcuts in the XP start menu to use the new locations instead of
the ones in the default locations. I'm aware that I could just pin the new
locations to the start menu on the left side, but I'd rather make use of the
ones that are already there, so I can pin other things in that location.

While I'm at it, I may as well ask if there is any way to add new shortcuts
to the right side of the Start menu, such as a "My Videos" folder below the
standard Documents, Images, and Music shortcuts.
1 answer Last reply
More about changing shortcuts start menu music

    This article may help.

    How to Move the Location of a Locally Cached Profile
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q214470/

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "xen" wrote:
    | The way I have my computer set up, I have a small partition for the
    Windows
    | OS, and a large, roughly 400 gig RAID set up across 3 discs. Because of
    this,
    | I wish to store my files on the storage drive, and not on the OS
    partition.
    | I'd like to know if I can change the normal My Documents, My Music, and My
    | Pictures shortcuts in the XP start menu to use the new locations instead
    of
    | the ones in the default locations. I'm aware that I could just pin the new
    | locations to the start menu on the left side, but I'd rather make use of
    the
    | ones that are already there, so I can pin other things in that location.
    |
    | While I'm at it, I may as well ask if there is any way to add new
    shortcuts
    | to the right side of the Start menu, such as a "My Videos" folder below
    the
    | standard Documents, Images, and Music shortcuts.

Configuration Start Menu Music Windows XP