Sign in with
Your question

Display adapter problem

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 10, 2012 5:26:50 PM

hi! i got some problem with my laptop display adapter.
My spec :
Window 7 Ultimate 32bit
ATI radeon 3200 hd ( intergrated onboard)
4Gb Ram

the problem is i often get the "display driver stopped responding and has recovered", i tried many thing and the only thing that stop that annoying message is by unistalling any display driver on my computer... but the problem is that i cant play any game...the only i can do is to watch some movie and etc ...

when i reinstall the driver.. i tried to play Warcraft3 and i get the same message over and over which cause me BSOD.

so, the question is there any driver that can replace my display adapter??
July 10, 2012 5:45:29 PM

Are you using the drivers from the manufacturer of your laptop (Dell, HP, Toshiba etc... whoever makes it will have drivers specific for the laptop), OR are you using the latest catalyst drivers from AMD that support your mobile chip? I'd recommend trying whichever one you havent so far. Also, are you sure the laptop is getting enough air and the fan is spinning, it could be the gpu overheating during gaming that is causing the error.
July 11, 2012 1:13:10 AM

AdioKIP said:
Are you using the drivers from the manufacturer of your laptop (Dell, HP, Toshiba etc... whoever makes it will have drivers specific for the laptop), OR are you using the latest catalyst drivers from AMD that support your mobile chip? I'd recommend trying whichever one you havent so far. Also, are you sure the laptop is getting enough air and the fan is spinning, it could be the gpu overheating during gaming that is causing the error.

thanks for the reply. I tried using driver from HP and AMD but the result still the same...and CATALYST is like it dont even exist in my laptop...idk wheres that prog go after i install them. Is DELL,TOSHIBA driver can be use on HP laptop? As for the air circulation , i think that my laptop is the only one who get all the fan on it...dont think overheat is the problem here...
Related resources
July 11, 2012 2:06:50 PM

No you cant use drivers from other manufacturers, you would only use the drivers from HP or AMD. Which Catalyst version did you try?
July 11, 2012 2:35:44 PM

idk...ver 11.2...maybe..because i get it from amd site directly... right now i use the latest ver for my display adapter got the prob...when i uninstall it, no prob... i wonder if the old driver ver is ok for me...
!