Sign in with
Your question

What upgrade should I do/buy for my PC?

Last response: in Systems
August 28, 2012 11:16:02 PM

Well,I have this PC:

i7 860 3.2 -Turbo at 3.7 Ghz Processor(Socket 1156)-Using HT.
8 GB DDR3 1333Mhz Samsung RAM Memory(CL9)
1TB HDD Sata2 Hitachi 7200RPM running in AHCI mode.
Asus P7H55D-M PRO Motherboard with TurboV and Turbo Key
Cooler Master Real Power M620 Modular P.S.U (620W,700W Peak)
Aerocool Strike-X ONE P.C. Case
AMD Radeon HD 6850 1GB GDDR5 Graphics card(Sapphire version,no O.C.)
Scythe Katana 3 CPU Cooler
Lightscribe DVD-RW
Four(4) Case fans:Aerocool and Nox(Actually,there are 5 but the 80mm one doesn´t really count)
1 x 30 CM Red Cold Cathode Revoltec

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDE__vU8bEQ

And I was wondering what should I upgrade,I have some money to spare and I can´t decide what parts to upgrade.

I mean,I´m crazy about PCs and I want to upgrade something,I just can´t decide what to upgrade...

I mean,I´m happy with the GPU,happy with the CPU,satisfied with the PSU and RAM but I want to do an upgrade,I feel like it needs something more,I don´t know...

Liquid cooling or SSD?
But then again,SSDs are too expensive at the moment and liquid cooling...is it worth it?
What should I upgrade?
What do you suggest?

Thanks.

More about : upgrade buy

a b B Homebuilt system
August 28, 2012 11:20:22 PM

If you just want to tinker with your system I recommend custom liquid cooling. Your system's still quite adequate and even you say you're happy with it.
August 28, 2012 11:21:09 PM

Thanks man,I am really thinking about a liquid cooling setup and some O.C.,that would be nice.

What about an SSD? What do you think ? Is it really worth it ?
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
August 29, 2012 8:15:24 AM

Yeah, SSDs are great.
August 29, 2012 8:41:09 AM

let me tell ya mate, i grabbed an SSD for my OS only and now i wanna buy um all! haha i was ishy about buying an SSD ya know 120gb for 80 bucks when for 69 i could get 1TB. if your on the bench on this, stop thinking and BUY. You will never go back.. be aware SSDs have issues and they do fail as do most hard drives with time. I bought a Mushkin Chronos 120gb and it died after 5 months and i feel like im pulling teething using an old 120gb 7200rpm HDD with my SSD in the mail to be replaced. Newegg.com has a 128gb on sale for like 80 bucks right now ive been eyeing to add to my comp, problem is i dont need it.. haha once i have my SSD back ill be ok but i cant stop recommending SSD to everyone. it is night and day, ive used those raptor drives and they just arnt worth dealing with potential over heating in small spaces. SSDs will come down some day, but get a cheap one for your OS and youll never go back. I use the 120gb SSD for the OS/programs with all my games and storage on a 1T HDD, it ran flawlessly and it was funny you could tell dramaticly from games installed on SSD to those on the HDD
August 29, 2012 5:21:29 PM

SSDs are definitely worth it, and you can find some 128GB ones for around 70 dollars on sale on newegg if you wait for them. Water cooling is another great idea that is as fun to put in as it is satisfying once it gets running. Case modding is also lots of fun, adding windows, painting, etc, or maybe building a case from scratch.

Maybe even a blue-ray burner/player if thats something your interested in.

If your satisfied with the way the computer runs, then a cosmetic upgrade might be right up your alley. ;) 
August 30, 2012 1:58:24 PM

velosteraptor said:
SSDs are definitely worth it, and you can find some 128GB ones for around 70 dollars on sale on newegg if you wait for them. Water cooling is another great idea that is as fun to put in as it is satisfying once it gets running. Case modding is also lots of fun, adding windows, painting, etc, or maybe building a case from scratch.

Maybe even a blue-ray burner/player if thats something your interested in.

If your satisfied with the way the computer runs, then a cosmetic upgrade might be right up your alley. ;) 

Best answer,mate!
A cosmetic upgrade or even better a Blu-ray burner!
Now I know what to buy!
Thanks!

!