PC Starts Up & Reboots 5 Secs Later. No Signal To Monitor Either

G

MY PC is as follows:

Operating System - Windows 7 Home Premium (64 Bit)
CPU - 3.3Ghz Intel Core i5 3500k
Video Card - 1.25Gb Nvidia Geforce GTX 570
Ram - 8gb DDR III
Power Supply - Thermaltake Toughpower 750w
Motherboard - Asus P8Z68-V Pro

I have had my PC now for a good several months, and had no problems with it. For the past couple of days my PC has been just crashing & restarting itself constantly, and I have no idea why.

Now though, it will not even boot up properly. Basically, what happens is I turn the PC on and it starts to boot up. It then restarts itself around 5 seconds later, only to boot up again. It only seems to restart itself the once though for some reason.

The problem is, nothing is going to my monitor whatsoever. It just says "check cable signal" on the monitor, even though the PC seems to be on. I've tried the monitor on a different computer & it works fine, so I know it's not a problem with that.

I've tried taking out the RAM, Graphics Card, PSU and refitting them to see if anything was out of place, and I've also double checked to make sure if all the cables are properly plugged in, which they are.

I'm finding this extremely irritating, as I just can't find out what's wrong with it at all, it's just started happening all of a sudden. I'd rather leave taking it to a technician as a last resort, due to the cost, although I may have to if I can't sort the problem myself.

I'd really appreciate some help with this, thank you.

Giby

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011
OK try isolating the problem do you have some spare RAM? so u can try putting that in and it might be that
or try testing both DIMMS take one out and boot up if that doesn't work try taking that one out and putting the other one in
let me know how this goes because i had the same problem but it turns out that my motherboard DIMM slots were faulty

Giby

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011
Test the psu in another pc and test the system with another psu, also try testing the ram, and gpu in another pc if you havnt tried already if that fails then it might be time to RMA :??: :(