Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Multiple display setup using displayport

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
July 10, 2012 9:34:09 PM

Hello, I'm wanting to setup 3 displays to make working on the computer easier. I'll have programs/webpages open. Is the following solution the best route to go for my needs or is their a cheaper/better solution. Thanks!

3 of these:
http://www.amazon.com/Asus-VE248Q-24-Inch-LED-Monitor/d... (They have a displayport connection)

1 of these:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Possibly 3 of these:
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?seq=1&for...

1 of these:
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=117656...|84|56671&N=4047237 4294908621&Mo=5&No=5&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C&topnav=

Best solution

July 10, 2012 9:52:53 PM

Should work fine. What type of programs do you run? I can find you a much cheaper GPU that is capable of running 3 monitors. However you would most likely need to use 1 HDMI, 1 DVI, and 1 DisplayPort.

Something like this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Share
July 10, 2012 10:01:47 PM

I take it that you're not wanting this for gaming and won't be setting it up in eyefinity (one huge desktop) as you're going with a firepro card. What programs are you intending to use with it? You're also going to need at least 3 mini dp/dp adapters, monitors are dp, gpu is mini dp. And you may want to check if a 350W PSU is going to be enough for your needs, especially if you're planning on adding things or O/clocking in the future.
m
0
l
Related resources
July 10, 2012 10:07:26 PM

stickg1 said:
Should work fine. What type of programs do you run? I can find you a much cheaper GPU that is capable of running 3 monitors. However you would most likely need to use 1 HDMI, 1 DVI, and 1 DisplayPort.

Something like this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...




I'm guessing a screen for IE, Outlook and a real estate program. So, If I already have an hdmi monitor, I could get that graphics card you suggested and use the hdmi monitor, one of the displayport monitors I posted and another DVI monitor? Do they all need to be the same size?
m
0
l
July 10, 2012 10:08:56 PM

a little black duck said:
I take it that you're not wanting this for gaming and won't be setting it up in eyefinity (one huge desktop) as you're going with a firepro card. What programs are you intending to use with it? You're also going to need at least 3 mini dp/dp adapters, monitors are dp, gpu is mini dp. And you may want to check if a 350W PSU is going to be enough for your needs, especially if you're planning on adding things or O/clocking in the future.



Thanks for that, I will add everything up and see if that issue needs to be addressed as well.
m
0
l
July 10, 2012 10:14:03 PM

dogonfire said:
I'm guessing a screen for IE, Outlook and a real estate program. So, If I already have an hdmi monitor, I could get that graphics card you suggested and use the hdmi monitor, one of the displayport monitors I posted and another DVI monitor? Do they all need to be the same size?


Yes you can use that HDMI monitor, and two other compatible monitors. No they dont have to be the same size you can use a hodge podge of monitors if you like however nothing looks cooler than three identical monitors all next to each other..
m
0
l
July 10, 2012 10:20:30 PM

Best answer selected by dogonfire.
m
0
l
!