Sign in with
Your question

Help wanted with CPU/mother bord please

Last response: in CPUs
January 12, 2013 6:12:32 PM

Hello,
ok first of all i havent a clue about computers, I've just bought a computer of my freind its got a A7N8X-E Deluxe mother bord what is the highest processor i can put in this?
if i go into Start/Accessories/system
tools/system information it shows: x86 Family 6 Model 10
Stepping 0 AuthenticAMD ~2191 Mhz.
Im wanting to run simulators on this comp but at the moment its not a smooth pic it keeps golting.

Regards
Phil

More about : wanted cpu mother bord

January 12, 2013 6:31:06 PM

phil34chilton said:
Hello,
ok first of all i havent a clue about computers, I've just bought a computer of my freind its got a A7N8X-E Deluxe mother bord what is the highest processor i can put in this?
if i go into Start/Accessories/system
tools/system information it shows: x86 Family 6 Model 10
Stepping 0 AuthenticAMD ~2191 Mhz.
Im wanting to run simulators on this comp but at the moment its not a smooth pic it keeps golting.

Regards
Phil

buy an am3+ moherboard and buy an fx8350 cpu
a b à CPUs
January 12, 2013 7:35:57 PM

think you already have the highest cpu it can take

highest it supports will be an amd 3200+ socket A/462 barton cpu which runs at 2200mhz
Related resources
January 12, 2013 8:06:02 PM

diablo24life said:
buy an am3+ moherboard and buy an fx8350 cpu

Hello diablo24life

I really dont have a clue about compters but i really want to learn more about there inerds.
sorry for my aragonitecy in this do you mean some thing like this one ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 - motherboard - micro ATX - Socket AM3+ - AMD 760G - Socket AM3+
PS sorry my spellings not good.

Regards
Phil
January 12, 2013 9:02:46 PM

phil34chilton said:
Hello diablo24life

I really dont have a clue about compters but i really want to learn more about there inerds.
sorry for my aragonitecy in this do you mean some thing like this one ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 - motherboard - micro ATX - Socket AM3+ - AMD 760G - Socket AM3+
PS sorry my spellings not good.

Regards
Phil

yes that motherboard is actually very good for the price and that will work with amds latest cpus. however the intel cpu that you have now will not work with that motherboard or any other amd motherboard, intel cpus only work with intel motherboards. so that means you would have to buy a new amd cpu to work with that motherboard. which is a good desicion because your current setup it quite outdated, you wont go far with that deluxe motherboard you have now its very old so you will need to buy a new motehrboard and processor... i reccomend going the amd route because it has great perormance per cost. that motherboard you linked me the asus m5a78-m is a great choice, so pick a motherboard like that one and get an fx 6300 cpu to go in it. fx 6300's are a great performance per bang. you can play all modern games with it and get great video/photo shop, autocad, rendering and other work shop performance out of it
January 15, 2013 9:40:08 PM

diablo24life said:
yes that motherboard is actually very good for the price and that will work with amds latest cpus. however the intel cpu that you have now will not work with that motherboard or any other amd motherboard, intel cpus only work with intel motherboards. so that means you would have to buy a new amd cpu to work with that motherboard. which is a good desicion because your current setup it quite outdated, you wont go far with that deluxe motherboard you have now its very old so you will need to buy a new motehrboard and processor... i reccomend going the amd route because it has great perormance per cost. that motherboard you linked me the asus m5a78-m is a great choice, so pick a motherboard like that one and get an fx 6300 cpu to go in it. fx 6300's are a great performance per bang. you can play all modern games with it and get great video/photo shop, autocad, rendering and other work shop performance out of it

would this hold a 3GHz CPU? and run a simulator game ok?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gigabyte-motherboard-Intel-Co...
!