Sound Effects tab not showing up in Realtek HD audio

themav

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012
As the title suggests, the sound effects aren't showing up in my Realtek HD audio manager. This is what it looks like:
realtek_input.jpg

And on the microphone tab:
realtek_microphone.jpg

I don't know where the sound effects tab went, its so weird. On my friend's computer, he has every tab. I have tried other solutions but nothing seems to help.

Solution
Which realtek do you have in that? Odds are, considering its a serverbd, that you don't have one that supports 'effects'; servers don't need them.

themav

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012

I have tried uninstalling, sweeping (btw i used the program you suggested), and then reinstalling. It dosent help at all. I got the motherboard from an hp XW4300 workstation.I tried the HP drivers, just a very old version of the realtek drivers, nothing seems to be helping. I had a sound blaster but then it died and i even sweeped those drivers.

themav

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012

Well, this computer only has to last for 3-4 more weeks so i don't feel like getting a sound card. Yes, i can afford one

themav

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012

Well that might be the problem because the board is a workstation board. It's an ALC260 if that helps. That might be my problem.